Pixelated cast range circles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

06-22-2011

I have this strange issue with cast range circles. It's supposed to be a smooth-looking light blue ring around the champion, right? My ring is all pixelated and splotchy, as seen in the attached screenshot. The pixelated ring looks even more apparent on larger, thicker rings (abilities with further range, like Lux's R).

I play on 1920x1080 resolution with the highest settings on all graphic options. How can I fix this?

Necks

06-22-2011

Bump for help.

Necks

06-23-2011

Bump.

Necks

06-24-2011

Bump.

boourns

UI Designer

06-27-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Try upping your video settings for the effects quality, I have mine on high/very high and it looks way better than that. That should give you higher resolution art for the spells markers. Still won't be perfect for 1920*1080/1200, but should be much better.

QuestForDankWeed

06-27-2011

This happens to me as well, even if I force AA through Nvidia control panel and have all my settings cranked up.

Necks

06-27-2011

Hi, thank you for the red response.

I contacted Riot's customer support via the official League of Legends website. I was promptly given very thorough instructions on how to fix the issue (uninstall LoL, uninstall Adobe Air, clean registry completely of all leftover Riot files, update graphics drivers, update specific Microsoft files, etc).

In the end, the issue was finally resolved. No more blurry cast range circles! It was weird because from day one when I first started playing, the cast range circles were all blurry and pixelated. I didn't even edit any League of Legends files and I already had this issue. I thought it was normal until I noticed other people didn't have blurry, pixelated circles.

boourns

UI Designer

06-28-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Huh, interesting... what you saw looked like what I reproduced when I bumped the effects level to minimum. Have both of you been playing LOL since before the switch to the new patcher a month or two ago? Did you try the repair function inside the patcher before doing the full re-install?

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

this is really visible when you use a global skillshot like ez's ult from your base to the enemy base