Vlad health or ap?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XNoodleMuncher

06-22-2011

Hey just i recently bought vlad and im tossing beween health vlad or just stacking on ap vlda to make use of his passive crimson pac which do u guys recommended is better? (:

end3r

06-22-2011

Ap. You will gain more hp from stacking ap, then you will get ap from stacking hp. Make sure to build Hextec off the bat. Get ur 350 boots and build ur hextec.

MissyIvy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

If you suck, HP (which a lot of people do with vlad). If you want to carry, AP. Most likely you're not aggressive at all and don't have the appropriate specs/runes. Therefore leading to your multiple deaths early game and uselessness late game.

If this does not happen, then I suggest you build appropriately as to whether you want to be tanky or straight damage depending on your playstyle. Obviously getting armor/ap and mr/ap items for tankiness. Straight ap/magic pen items for offense.

Der you go.

end3r

06-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyIvy View Post
If you suck, HP (which a lot of people do with vlad). If you want to carry, AP. Most likely you're not aggressive at all and don't have the appropriate specs/runes. Therefore leading to your multiple deaths early game and uselessness late game.

If this does not happen, then I suggest you build appropriately as to whether you want to be tanky or straight damage depending on your playstyle. Obviously getting armor/ap and mr/ap items for tankiness. Straight ap/magic pen items for offense.

Der you go.
? Vlad's passive is that he gains HP for however much AP he has, and he gains AP for however much HP he has. A vlad building warmogs over rylai's is going to be useless.

BloodsHaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

consider items that give both ap and hp. This way you kinda cheat the system and get the most benefit dollar for dollar.

pure ap if the team is ahead

hp ap if its a tie game

hp if u have no idea what ur doin (stacking warmongs will not help as much u think it would)

Makaidos

06-22-2011

If you suck, ap, if you are good, ap. boots, will of acients, hextech revolver, rabadon's, lichbane = win

ebilstone

06-22-2011

you dont want to go hp because the ap to hp ratio is bettter then then hp to ap ratio. When playing vlad his early game sucks so dont say "hp is better" because you had a better early game. The build most people use is boots 3 hp pot then farm for magic pen boots and a hextech revolver then get rabadons, after that you can go anything really.

Enrique Iglesias

03-29-2013

In the current meta, HP is so strong that ignoring it is a very bad, bad thing. I've been running a CDR tank Vlad build which, more often than not, is successful. Start either Doran Shield or Amp Tome, depending on lane difficulty, go straight for hextech, then build to counter lane. Lucidity boots + Spirit Visage (with masteries) puts you at 39% CDR, making it near impossible to kill you. Sunfire is a GREAT item on him, allowing you to stand on top of melee champs. Also, keep in mind your W's hp ratio is insanely good. I've had mine do up to 300 damage a second on an 8s CD. It all depends on what your team needs. Need damage? Go AP, without a doubt. If you're lacking a tank, go tank. Vlad is versatile.

Fawnix

03-30-2013

For vladrimir what I roll with is mpen quints and marks (though AP is better early game), health yellowthings and cdr glyphs. The mpen is of course for late game, as it will also stack better with your spellvamp (which is based on damage done after mitigation, to my knowledge).
I usually start with the 20 ap bookthing, which will provide you about 22 health. You shouldn't need boots and health pots unless you have trouble dodging skillshots or are playing too aggressively. Vlad is rather weak early game so avoid direct fights.

What I do is harass with my q as much as possible, whilst also trying to last hit. Against the probable tanky ad melee tops this is rather easy, just q them and retreat until it's back up again. They key is to keep your q on cooldown, always. If you are q'ing them and you don't stay around for a fight, you should be harassing them more than they are you. If they close on you and get you down to say, half, and then retreat behind creeplines, don't overextend, just continue to farm and q minions and get your health back up. Even with a gank at level 4 you should have no trouble making it to your tower provided you keep you don't push the lane with low health. A tip here is to use save your w, most vlads pop it the moment they see a threat, which is retarded, because it both costs more and due to the long cd will not be around later. Let them blow their cc's and exhausts, then use it to withdraw with impunity from any range they have.

Once you b, which should be awhile since you have excellent sustain and are nigh ungankable, buy your hextech and boots, with another ap book preferably. By about level 5 your q should be enough to let you roll e's up to 4 stacks while maintaining full health (with hextech) this is important for two reasons: The first is that it allows you to clear creeps quite easily and push their tower, denying them cs, and the second is that at 4 stacks even a level 1 e does great damage with lowcooldown, and practically pays for itself with the spellvamp bonus. I level my e after I max my q personally, as even at full rank your w will probably not be up for casting it twice in a fight anyway.

After your hextech I recommend going full ap, rabadons, deathgrip etc. A warmogs (1k) health will only give you about 30 ap, which though a nice bonus, isn't worth it seeing as how you're playing a caster and not a tank. Of course, if you're lacking a tank I suppose you can go for it, but of course this assumes your team is already doing well.

Going full ap at endgame I usually have about 3.1k health on vlad, which is superb for a caster. The idea is not to build a tanky mage but a mage that happens to be tanky, if you get my drift. You have practically twice the health of other straight mages while dishing out comparable damage (though lacking in nuke).

Oh, and try to make sure you have 3 or 4 stacks on your e before fighting someone, especially early game. They usually don't expect the extra damage and the health you get from your q.

I hope this helped.

Lord Ryushishin

03-30-2013

Nice necro.