Rune choices

A - All runes on Attack 8 22.22%
B - Attack with Mark and Quintessence + Critical chance with Glyph and Seal 4 11.11%
C - Armor Penetration with Mark and Quintessence + Critical chance with Glyph and seal 13 36.11%
D - All runes on Critical chance 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Twitch Runes, Attack/Armor penetration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesXOXOXO432

04-06-2010

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me decide what are the best runes for the Twitch - Tier 3. Ive been looking and Attack/Armor penetration/critical chance, seems the best for him.

My question is what do you think and what should I go with A,B,C or D. Or do you have a better layout of runes which is more effective for twitch/very similiar champions?

OK please help me.
Note: twitch doesn't need attack speed and I wont be needed HP.

If all masteries are on ATTACK then = +3 damage +6 armour pentration +2.00% critical chance

I could get

A:All runes on attack
Mark=
0.32 x18=5.76
Glyph= 0.09x18=1.62
Seal= 0.14x18=2.52
Quintessence= 2.25x6=13.5

Total = +26.4 attack+ 6 armor penetration +2.00% critical chance

B:Mark and Quintessence on attack ,Glyph and Seal on critical chance
Mark=
0.32x18=5.76
Glyph=
0.28%x18=5.04%
Seal=
0.42%x18=7.56%
Quintessence=
2.25x6=9

Total =17.76 + 6 armor penetration + 14.6% critical chance

C:All runes on armor penetration + Glyph and seal on critical chance
Mark=
1.96x18=35.28
Glyph=
0.28%x18=5.04%
seal=
0.42%x18=7.56%
Quintessence=
3.91x6= 23.46

Total= +3 attack + 64.74 armor penetration + 14.6% critical chance

D:All runes on ciritcal chance
Mark=
0.93%x18=16.74%
Glyph=
0.28%x18=5.04%
Seal=
0.42%x18=7.56%
Quintessence=
1.86%x11.16%

Total = +3 attack + 6 armor penetration + 42.5% critical chance

Please tell me what is the best A,B,C or D.

Questions:
1:
What happens if you have all runes on armor penetration (C) +64.74 armor penetration and then buy a Black Clever? How does the Black Clever work and does its effects just add to my armor penetration?

2: The mastery "Havoc - Increases your Physical damage and magic damage by 5%" Does this affect effect your runes or does it only effect your champions default attack damage?

3:What exactly does armor penetration do?

4: It has been proven that armor penetration is always better then critical damage, How ever what about for critical chance?

n3Kro

04-06-2010

dont use crit dmg they suck. I use on twich crit chance and I must say they are grate. I dont prefare armor penetration If there are 2 tanks in other team I just change my build to anty tank and it works grate

JamesXOXOXO432

04-06-2010

yea sorry when i say Critical damage chance meant to just say Critical chance.
So u dont prefer to use armor penetration but critical chance with all rune areas? Isnt it proven that armour penetration should be used with runes when ever possible over critical chance

Potions

04-06-2010

I like Armor penetration on almost all my characters but if you regularly go Black Cleaver on twitch crit chance would probably be the better choice because of how BC and Armor Pen are inefficient together.

n3Kro

04-06-2010

yup it gives + 20% crit chance so late game You will crit minimum 5 times on 10 hits but it shoud be better. If I play against normal team I buy Stark's Fervor(You can change it to Malady but stark is better for team),Infinity Edge,Boots of Mobility(You can try other but this are best for gangs),Phantom Dancer,Frozen Mallet. If other team is tanky one I buy Stark's Fervor,Madred's Bloodrazor,Last Whisper,Boots of Mobility,Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer. And I must say this two builds are very good with second one tanks die so fast they dont know what happend but keep in mind that You need to help Your team as much as You can if only twitch is feed then Your team will have problems so kill dragon help them as much as You can and happy hunting

JamesXOXOXO432

04-06-2010

Black cleaver is my main first iteam. How is black cleaver and Armor Pen inefficient together? Doesnt it just stack up all togethor?

Also do you never buy attack runes for champions or is armor pen/crit chance always better?

n3Kro

04-06-2010

hmm I think that armor pen are more universal then crit chance but crit chance are better for Twitch, Tryndamere, Shaco, Teemo, Tristana and Gangplank so if You play this chars crit chance will be better but if You want to use runes with others chars then armor pen can be better couz they are also good for this chars and they are better on other chars.

JamesXOXOXO432

04-06-2010

thanks for help. Could some one explain to me how using the black cleaver and armor penetration runes are inefficient together.

+75 Attack Damage Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Armor by 12 for 5 seconds, (maximum 5 stacks).

So does that mean if you hit an enemy 5 times you will take away 60 of their armor for 5 secs? Then if you had 35 armor penetration (via runes and masteries) their armor would be "their armor - (minus) 95)? How does it work?

BigiD

04-06-2010

All crit chance on red and yellow, all atk speed on blue, and HP flat for Q
buy doran shield as first item and you'll farm well and hard to kill.

JamesXOXOXO432

04-06-2010

Massive edit to first post.