Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unforeseen Skin in-game advantages.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Dim Sum

06-21-2011

Anyone else notice that there are some skins that actually give some (albeit minor) in-game advantages.

What immediately comes to mind:

Frosfire Annie - Actually makes it just a slightly more difficult to see the ring around her to know if her stun is up or not.

All White Ashe Skin - Annoying when playing with a Mordekaiser on either team, because during huge team battle sometimes difficult to tell if she's a ghost/pet or not.

Lochness Cho'Gath - This one I can't confirm, but some people have said Lochness Cho'gath at 6 stacks is actually larger than normal Cho'Gath. Which of course makes it easier to hide your tiny champs like Kennen/Teemo/Tristana/etc.

And of course there is always the psychological advantage in solo queue, a whole bunch of people picking random champs they may or may not main. Where as the other team has 4-5 skins, meaning these are their mains so your team may already feel slightly at a disadvantage from the start.

I'm not saying skins are OP or UP. Skins are skins. But just curious if anyone else has noticed any positive (or negative) in-game side effects regarding skins?

LupineStorm

06-21-2011

Brolaf results in auto-win.

Eliras

06-21-2011

Monarch Kog Maw gives an advantage... to the enemy team.

SO EASY TO CLICK ON LOL

Multifire

06-21-2011

Never had any of these problems, it seems to me you are just blaming your losses on random ****.

Aegis of Heros

06-21-2011

The Feral WW for me, always build tanky.

Misentro

06-21-2011

Easter Teemo: Global Taunt → Universal Taunt

Shoesy

06-21-2011

1 of karthus' skins has a bug with wall where it's invisible sometimes

Måo Zedong

06-21-2011

I think when you see some skins for the first time (or several times after even) , you can be a little unsure what champion they actually are .

Like the first time i saw a lep veigar and hes rainbow particle's i was confused. But obviously you figure it out pretty quickly.

Vinland

06-21-2011

Iunno man. I don't see how skins can have that much effect on the game, I play the default Singed skin, look where that's got me.

Tempname 17D

06-21-2011

Skins OP nerf now