Dusting off RENEKTON! How does one build him optimally these days?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LethalityVoX

08-04-2011

I played Renekton a lot back in the day, and then J4 put him out of a job and I started maining carries. What is the optimal build these days? For dps Renekton? For tanky Renekton? Critique, compare, discuss.

Regardless of how I build him I like to start with boots and potions, I find mobility really helps him in lane. I am however, considering stacking two doran's blades then rushing a brutalizer when going DPS.

AFK47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Dorans shield
Ionia boots
Brutallizer (ghostblade) or last whisper
fire cape
force of nature or banshees vail
Frozen mallet
Atma's impaler

my typical finished build for Renekton as a Tanky DPS.

normally rush from doran shield -> ionia boots -> brutalizer -> phage

after those items i get tanky with fire cape -> force of nature (or banshees) -> frozen mallet

then finishing the build with atma's impaler

depending on the game, if there is alot of armor on enemy team then i would sell brutalizer and trade it for last whisper if thats not the case then i would finish it to ghostblade.

i always get force of nature over banshees but that's up to you, i really only get banshees if the enemy team has a Karthus.

OberonDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

^ That, or you wait for buffs and Tuesday and go AP.

Thunderkraken

08-04-2011

I go boots+3 health pots to start. then get merc treads>hog>spirit visage>brutilizer>sunfire>FoN>sell brutalizer to build triforce or frozen mallet. You can finish omen or sell hog for something else.

The Reagan

08-04-2011

Read mail.
Full rage bar.
????
Profit.

I Am Tolan

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberonDark View Post
AP???? wtf.....

LethalityVoX

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberonDark View Post
Have they elaborated on the buffs at all? Hoping for slight buffs to base damage and some reduction on his cooldowns personally. Also fingers crossed for that new item that builds from brutalizer.

Synaptic

08-04-2011

Most important thing is to make him tanky early, though I agree overall with this build posted above. He gets most of his damage from skills, not autoattacks, so being able to dive into the entire enemy team and last for your entire ult duration is a great way to do a ton of damage.

norkul

08-04-2011

i tried out the blood razor build and he does pretty well, it gives you massive damage on your w (aplies on hit effects), plus that 50 extra ad and good attack speed. get that after boot, brutalaizer, and phage.

ac3y

08-04-2011

I go boots + 3 pot start, then:

Brutalizer/Ionian (depending on gold)
Ionian/Brutalizer (other)
Aegis
Spirit Visage
Sunfire
FoN
Sell SV -> Frozen Mallet