Time to get downvoted!

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamGrimm

08-05-2011

It's Singed banning time again!

He disrupts fights so easily it's not even funny.

Here, let me lay out some things for you.
Before we start out with numbers, let us just rehash some things he just does. Trademarks for Singed would be: Pushing top all day.

That is trademark number one. Any Singed worth his salt knows that his poison trail is amazing for destroying creepwaves behind the towerline.
I'm sure you have seen enough Singeds do it (Even Dyrus!). They run past your tower to kill the oncoming creepwave. They do this with such ease that it is almost unstoppable.

Turn on Q and run! It's all there is to it, I'm pretty darn sure you know how to as well.

The second thing Singed is renown for would be his signaturemove: Fling!
By using this, he can easily disrupt entire teams by just flinging one person!
The cooldown on it is short enough to cast it multitudes of times within one single battle.

Last but not least: Insanity Potion. Yes guys, the things that is making Singed an unstoppable juggernaut. With this: Numbers!

Amazingly, when Singed pops this he gains about every bonus thinkable. Ability Power, Armor, Magic Resist, Movement Speed, Health Regeneration, and Mana Regeneration, as well as reducing Crowd Control effects.

Let this sink for a second.

Done?

Reducing crowd control effects?! It's no use trying to stop him unless. He'll barge in under any tower (he dun mind), pop R and ghost, disrupt your **** and run back out. All whilst unscathed!
Didn't get the kill? Go in again! The duration on R is twenty five seconds.
Twenty five. He's god incarnate whilst he's on his homebrew drugs. \
Guess what, Nasus only does this for 15 seconds. He dun get no CC reduction or any other nifty bonuses.

Singed as a pick is incredibly strong. He's able to control and manipulate fights to his own accord. Singed wants it like this, Singed gets it like this. Any game that holds Singed revolts around making sure you aren't getting flung.
It's the same with Blitzcrank, really.. and I'm sure a couple of you remember Heimer in the past. It changed the flow of the game.

Singed has this impact.

However, to get to a conclusion I need to work this out a little bit more.

Do I think Singed needs nerfs? Do I really?
I mean, I could pick Ashe and forget about Singed right? Anything that slows and is able to kite him through Insanity Potion would be amazing.
Sure it would. It would get rid of the Singed problem... or does it?
He has the same effect as Nunu. You /have/ to make sure he's dealt with, or face the consequences.
The problem is, Singed definitely isn't meant to be target priority number one.

Whilst you deal with Singed and his ungodly speed you get to face... the rest of their team!

Now, I'm certain I will get downvoted for this. Singed is LoL's baby. Touch him and get spat out by the community. I'm sure the same thing will happen. I remember when he got nerfed three or four patches ago. Uproar! Everywhere! (I even made the thread asking Guinsoo about the upcoming changes! )
That aside, I think you should look at him from an unbiased perspective.

Ask yourself this: Why should I pick Singed? Alright.
Why shouldn't you pick Singed? Alright, I'm sure you came up with alternatives such as Alistar etc. Yes, he's designed to control fights just the same.. but he has no CC reduction save his cleanse-ult!

Third question: What are Singeds weaknesses?
Fourth: If I play him, how can I make sure I can avoid these weaknesses?

Conclusion.
My whole posts sounds like a rabbling drunkard. That could be true.(Cept I'm tired rather than drunk) I'm rambling and babbling. My post is incohesive and badly put together. But my point shines through fair enough I'd say.
I think Singed is too powerful at his job currently.

- He destroys creepwaves like nobodys business. (All whilst farming up tons of gold)
- He is unstoppable once he pops his R, it gives him so many bonuses.
- His Fling can disrupt entire teamfights... on a really low cooldown.

Ask yourself: Do I think Singed is too strong at his job? If you answer: No. I'd like to hear some of your responses.

Disclaimer: Yes, I just got beaten by a Singed.... again. I've been starting to see a trend whilst closely observing any Singed I come across. My team or the other, doesn't matter. Singed always makes an impact. Not a small one either.
Yes, this is my main account. Yes I am only 1300 Elo. But that shouldn?t matter.
He is visibly making too large an impact on my games. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Jiggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Is there a teal;deer of some sort somewhere at the end?

IamGrimm

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggle View Post
Is there a teal;deer of some sort somewhere at the end?
No.

Maybe the conclusion can act like one. It has bullet points... so..

Jiggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Make one. There's no point in typing out a long novel when all you are doing is addressing some key points.

IamGrimm

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggle View Post
Make one.
Negative.

Corpse Princess

08-05-2011

I agree completely with everything you said, too bad this community is so horrible they will never admit Singed is OP when he actually he is.

By lategame he'll have so much farm he's gonna waltz in your team 1v5, fling your carry to instakill, then right click the floor and run around dealing massive damage to people.

Towers don't exist to Singed. Once he gets that catalyst in lane, you're screwed, no matter how much you harass him.

He's just another one of those niche sleeper OP champions that Riot will nerf in due time, like they said with Blitzcrank.

IamGrimm

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentiment View Post
I agree completely with everything you said, too bad this community is so horrible they will never admit Singed is OP when he actually he is.

By lategame he'll have so much farm he's gonna waltz in your team 1v5, fling your carry to instakill, then right click the floor and run around dealing massive damage to people.
and fling again.

Enoy

08-05-2011

TL;DR

+1 ... Because I'm a rebel ( and I did read the subject line )

IamGrimm

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoy View Post
TL;DR

+1 ... Because I'm a rebel ( and I did read the subject line )
Negative.

I will not make a TL; DR. It ruins my point.

x Smithers x

08-05-2011

I completely agree with the fact that singed is OP but because singed was the first champion riot designed, riot and the community are to blinded to realize it.

12345 ... 6