Hard Mechanics Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VeigartheMegling

11-18-2010

Does Atma's Impaler actually set up an infinite but decaying damage-HP loop on Jax?
A: Yes. (Thanks psilicon)

This is wrong. A red stated that it was calculated a limited number of times (I think it is once or twice). I think this was shortly after his passive was changed, and search is down so I can't show the exact post...

TheLateJC

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisum View Post
The commonly accepted "Damage taken = Attack damage * 100/(100 + armor)" breaks down (approaches infinity) at -100 armor, so, presumably, there is some other equation for armor values of less than 0. I would guess there is some sort of linear or exponentially decaying increase to damage as armor values drop below 0.

As for the Black Cleaver, more than one of them just add stacks faster; the cap of 5 stacks remains.

Now a question:
What kind of damage is Malady's bonus damage? I haven't tested it, but my anecdotal experience is that it seems not to be affected by armor, but I'm not sure about magic resist.
I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to get armor to anywhere near -100. The only thing that can reduce armor below 0 is armor reduction, (not armor penetration or % armor penetration), and armor reduction is applied before penetration so you've got to take the champions natural armor and reduce it by enough. I'm not sure how many other ways there are to actually get armor reduction besides the cleaver and exhausted stun but I think it probably just doesn't come up often enough to worry about it.

I haven't looked at all the heroes, but the lowest starting armor I saw was 5 and pretty much everyone i looked at gains 3-4 per level. So even with talented Exhaust and a full black cleaver on a level 1 fiddle, he's still only at -65. Of course you wouldn't likely have a black cleaver on a level 1 fiddle and he wouldn't survive 5 hits to apply all the stacks if you did. So I don't think there's diminishing returns because dropping someone to a highly negative number is pretty hard to do.

exes4eyes

11-24-2010

Don't know if this is already asked, so sorry if it's redundant.

Morgana has passive spell vamp. Does spirit visage improve this? If yes, by how much? Suppose she gets a will of ancients as well: is the spirit visage bonus calculated for both her natural spell vamp and the increased vamp from ancients? How does it work?

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

If you have spirit visage and are ignited, will you heal for 70% (additively), or 60% (multiplicatively)?

Is Thornmail reflected damage calculated by the true physical damage, or the actual damage taken after your resistances are factored in?

You are Anivia with passive ready, Guardian Angel ready, and Chronoshift applied. What happens when you die (and then if you were to die again?)

ShadowDrakeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-24-2010

A couple disputes here.

To the best of my knowledge, Life Steal is affected by Spirit Visage's amplification, but Spell Vamp in not.

Champion-only targetting spells can hit Mordekaiser's ghosts. I have accidentally Demacian Justiced a ghost. (Maybe this varies by spell somewhat).

I would have to side against the current Turret vs Zhonya's stance. No attacks or spells can target a Zhonya'd champion, so why should a turret?

LydeckerCain

01-11-2011

Does tiamat splash damage activate lifesteal?

The Murdertrain

03-01-2011

Here's a question for you.

Malphites Passive for his W (Which cleaves nearby enemies), does that stack with Life Steal?

The Murdertrain

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
If you have spirit visage and are ignited, will you heal for 70% (additively), or 60% (multiplicatively)?

Is Thornmail reflected damage calculated by the true physical damage, or the actual damage taken after your resistances are factored in?

You are Anivia with passive ready, Guardian Angel ready, and Chronoshift applied. What happens when you die (and then if you were to die again?)
I believe it would first proc her passive, which will then proc Chronoshift (as IIRC applied effects proc first before passive item-based effects), then finally GA will go off.

Larson McMurphy

04-12-2011

Is there any particular interaction between the lethality mastery and infinite edge, or does it simply make your crits do 260%?