Hard Mechanics Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucentCross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Regarding Heimer's turrets, having played Jax v. Heimer, they cannot be dodged, so they may not count as attacks.

Foijerqerfgoerk

06-26-2010

"Does Magic Penetration and/or Void Staff benefit Heimerdinger's Turrets?
A: No, they don't. (Thanks to Klouth)"

This is incorrect. All types of penetration aid the turrets. Tested it myself.

Also, Void Staff does work against towers; oddly, Last Whisper does not.

Cheers

goobaloobachu

06-30-2010

Does Shen's ult take damage reduction into account in the amount of damage it blocks?

Hacksaurs

06-30-2010

Regarding starks fervor's double aura...

They fixed the bug where it would not stack, but in turn they do not allow shaco to gain the buff from his own clone. The clone does give its own aura to other teammates though.

Acabarito

07-18-2010

Does Void Staff let you ignore 40% of tower's magic resist?
-------
I can't say for sure about magic penetration. But I've noticed that Armor Penetration works perfectly on turrets. So basically it should the same with Magic Penetration.

Gray the Grayte

08-12-2010

Here is my question. How exactly does Spell Vamp +x% work?

Does it recover x% of the mana/energy you used to cast the spell or does it recover x% of the damage it does? If the latter what does that mean for AOE damage spells?

Glombi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Do Heimerdinger's Turret shots actually count as attacks?
they count as attacks, that do magic damage, they can be blocked by morganas spell shield as well, she rolls over heimerdinger because of it.

Kahabut

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisum View Post
The commonly accepted "Damage taken = Attack damage * 100/(100 + armor)" breaks down (approaches infinity) at -100 armor, so, presumably, there is some other equation for armor values of less than 0. I would guess there is some sort of linear or exponentially decaying increase to damage as armor values drop below 0.

As for the Black Cleaver, more than one of them just add stacks faster; the cap of 5 stacks remains.

Now a question:
What kind of damage is Malady's bonus damage? I haven't tested it, but my anecdotal experience is that it seems not to be affected by armor, but I'm not sure about magic resist.
Malady is considered magic damage. As far as I can tell anyway.

Black cleaver and Rageblade both work the same, you don't get extra stacks, or double value, you just get stacks twice as fast.

Question:
How does stacking work on items like Archmage staff? one at a time, in round robin fashion? Why is there a practical difference between Archmage and Tear of the goddess?How about with warmog's?

This is probably stupid, but does spell vamp give you life or mana?

TheLateJC

11-18-2010

When I die to Teemo and look at the death report, his toxic shot is just listed as "Damage". Is it magic damage, physical damage, or true damage? Is there any way to reduce it or any reason for him to get something like last whisper?

TheLateJC

11-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray the Grayte View Post
Here is my question. How exactly does Spell Vamp +x% work?

Does it recover x% of the mana/energy you used to cast the spell or does it recover x% of the damage it does? If the latter what does that mean for AOE damage spells?
Spell Vamp takes the damage of the spell and recovers a percentage o fit as life. It's life stealing for spells. Also, spells that hit more than one target use 1/3 the stated spell vamp so if you hit 3 targets with you're multi target spell, you get the normal amount of life based on the damage yo did.