So..LoL is a noob friendly game??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337Retarded

04-12-2011

nerf xin coz low elo cant handle him..
planned to remake stealth coz low elo dont buy oracle... pink wards and oracle counter them easily(you just have to buy them in shop, nothing do with skill) and stealth-able champs are very squishy..

HoG was there like a year never buff/nerf...and suddenly nerf it
corki's Q revert invisible unit like since the beta.. and suddenly removed it

what is your "sudden" next move??
remove catalyst the protector(its pretty good item, especially when you can get it before lvl 6 so much laning sustainability) ??
remove deathfire grasp (with percentage based dmg skill,you cant imagine how fast you can melt a champ)?? ps. if you dont trust me...build ap garen it can shut down every one in 1v1.. an ap-less based champ can rape ppl with ap build.. amazing item right?? ( pls dont build it on PvP game..your teammates will go crazy...try it in vs bot game or with some friends in custom game
remove wit's end (its so cost efficiency, 700g with 42 magic dmg, new bf sword cost 1650 but only get 45 physical dmg)??

are you going to nerf them too in future patch??

so the balancing to more toward low elo??
or the balancing is based on "everyone is UP so that is no one OP"??

i dont get how you balance this game.. most of them dont make sense to me....
if im not wrong.. riot said before they will balance base on top elo player..and now some random nerf because of low elo cant handle..

tldr
ctrl + w

Macho Maximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

HoG was nerf'd because High Elo players realized how good it was on Tanky DPS, so nerfing HoG goes hand in hand with nerfing Tanky DPS, which is a metagame they don't like.

Buying Oracles cripples your build because it wastes about 20 creeps worth of gold. Stealth doesn't really need a remake, but getting an oracles is far too costly to be able to do it freely early-game.

Fire Style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337******ed View Post

so the balancing to more toward low elo??
or the balancing is based on "everyone is UP so that is no one OP"??

i dont get how you balance this game.. most of them dont make sense to me....
if im not wrong.. riot said before they will balance base on top elo player..and now some random nerf because of low elo cant handle..

tldr
ctrl + w
no its balanced based on high elo play not low elo.

1337Retarded

04-12-2011

you know
tanky dps and HoG are start from low-mid elo strategies...

top elo find out and shine them

Zackovs

04-12-2011

I'm pretty they try to balance it for all elos.

Balance for high is bad for business
Balance for low is bad for the game
In between we float in a strange world of Mundo nerfs

Spitzfyre

04-12-2011

If it wasn't a noob-friendly game, how the hell would Riot get more people to play it?

Macho Maximus

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337******ed View Post
you know
tanky dps and HoG are start from low-mid elo strategies...

top elo find out and shine them
Really now? Didn't know, my bad.

Either way, some people realized HoG's potential, and Tanky DPS is very powerful, is what I was getting at.

GAMETIEM

04-12-2011

LoL is the first (and only) game of it's type I've ever played.

It was a bit difficult getting started with all the smurfs trashing me for not understanding how OP PCM was and dying to them when I tried to attack enemy champions. And the friend who got me started playing was lvl 30, and I started duo queueing with him around lvl 11. I ended up getting put on teams that looked like this

Our team:

their team:

So yeah, I had to adapt & learn real fast. Overall I'd say my starting experience was not that bad, I didn't end up rage quitting at lvl 7 or anything.