Sion build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

so i went to leaguecraft, saw one guide that didnt get the stun till level 6 and ulti till 16, and another that stacked lifesteal on a champ with 100% lifesteal, and i dont even want to look at the ones on these forums.. what do you guys suggest? im thinking dorans shield > boots > infini edge > last whisper/brutalizer > survavibility?

IndomitusRex

04-05-2010

I've been playing a lot of Sion lately, and I've found that a Sapphire Crystal + 2 Health Pots is a good start. Sion's spells are so mana-intensive that unless you just want to auto-attack you need some more starting mana.

After that, I'm still all over the place. My builds have been depending very much on what I'm fighting, and whether there's another tank on the team.

Daikaze

04-05-2010

Sion is one of my most played champs and I've taken the time to perfect my build with him.

My build:
Saphire + health potions
Catalyst
Mercury Treads
Atma's Impaler
Banshee's Veil
Last Whisper

Everything else is pretty much filled in on an "as needed" basis.

Skill-wise:
Stun
Enrage
Shield
focus on shield and enrage... get the ultimate when it's available.

You don't really need health items because of Enrage and Atma's provides armor and it synergizes with Enrage. The armor penetration and attack speed boost of Last Whisper synergize with your ultimate. Shield is primarily used to gain health rapidly by destroying waves of minions.

wildfire393

04-05-2010

Basically, it's going to depend on what build you want.

AP: You have two 1:1 AP skills, so Max Stun and Shield and stack AP like it's your birthday. Good items - Mejais, Rod of Ages, Sheen/Lichbane, Zhonya's Ring.
AD: You have skills that increase your damage, attackspeed, and lifesteal, so things that are going to be very good for you are Crit Chance and Movespeed. Level your Cannibalize and Ult first, with one point in Stun and then some shield for survivability. I suggest 2x Zeal, Infinity Edge, up the Zeals to PD's. Frozen Mallet is also very nice.
Tank: You get a lot of HP already from Cannibalize (and Pseudo-HP from your shield), so it's best to stack Armor and MR. Focus on Cannibalize and Shield, with one point in Stun. Good items would be Force of Nature, Atma's Impaler, Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart.

Marshalls

04-05-2010

AP sion is the best.
Saphire crystal, 2x health pots.
Sorc boots
Shen-Lichbane
Armor like Veil, frozen heart

MrRumble

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Basically, it's going to depend on what build you want.

AP: You have two 1:1 AP skills, so Max Stun and Shield and stack AP like it's your birthday. Good items - Mejais, Rod of Ages, Sheen/Lichbane, Zhonya's Ring.
AD: You have skills that increase your damage, attackspeed, and lifesteal, so things that are going to be very good for you are Crit Chance and Movespeed. Level your Cannibalize and Ult first, with one point in Stun and then some shield for survivability. I suggest 2x Zeal, Infinity Edge, up the Zeals to PD's. Frozen Mallet is also very nice.
Tank: You get a lot of HP already from Cannibalize (and Pseudo-HP from your shield), so it's best to stack Armor and MR. Focus on Cannibalize and Shield, with one point in Stun. Good items would be Force of Nature, Atma's Impaler, Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart.

this guy pretty much covered it all.

I normally build AP sion (I have around 200 games)
skilling
goes

max shield
max stun
taking 1 point in ult at lvl 10 (for pushing towers if the chance comes up)
finishing maxing stun
max enrage
max ult.

this build is based on a 1 2 3 punch (sometimes 4)
charge shield while in a bush or out of sight, and hit your target with a stun.
Stun / Hit / blow shield / hit / ignite

This build eats mana. So top up on mana pots till you have
sheen
lvl 3 Boots/sorcs (depending on map. TT I get 3 speed)
mejais (if you're not confident in killing) lichbane
If i'm chewing through mana and not netting kills, I'll get glacial shroud (500 mana). I've tried using chalice, but I've found that for the size of the mana pool that Sion has, its not so great to buy regen items over getting mana to increase his pool.

lichbane
zhonyas

(if you have these items and are doing well, you've got 500ish ap, both your spells are hitting for around 800 damage each lichbane hits are hitting for over 600). Squishies will literally explode before they can hit flash/cleanse escape move.

Your shield absorbs 800 damage, which means that it would take a 3v1 scenario to take you out. or a 2v1 heavy stun /turret combo to get you.

if the game gets past the 40min mark, get banshees or heart (depending on damage types).

Chug elixirs
buys wards.
Money shouldn't be an issue for ap sion