Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How many rune pages do I need for ranked w decent rating? (solo or premade)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MikeyOnslaught

06-21-2011

So I'm down to play any character. I thought three pages would be good enough if I built them not super specialized. I've got 4k riot points and I won't be buying any again for a year. I'd really like to use my RP on skin sales, that's why I bought it, but before I spend my RP please let me know if it's necessary to have more than 3 rune pages for ranked

1 Physical dps (armor pen, damage, crit and crit damage)

1 AP (I like AP + health on these, possibly MR or run speed) <- support or mage

1 Tank ( pure MR, health, dodge)

OmfgTheSky

Recruiter

06-21-2011

Add a jungler page and you should be alright, unless you play special characters like akali or jax

MikeyOnslaught

06-21-2011

Quote:
OmfgTheSky:
Add a jungler page and you should be alright, unless you play special characters like akali or jax

Exactly how many of these special characters exist? I noticed I'd like to have another page just for vlad, but didn't find it too necessary from my mage page.

One that I noticed is I farmed for renekton, and really none of my 3 pages are geared towards CDR + tanky dps. Which is a problem now.

Root and Shaw

06-21-2011

One for a caster
One for a tanky dps/dps carry
One for a jungler

thats how I role, instead of tanking just play a bruiser like jarvan they get the job done at low elo instead of actual tanks

Atomic Wombat

06-21-2011

Crit and crit damage are worthless so forget about them.

You might need some attack speed runes and flat armor for certain junglers but that's about it.

jellysandwich

06-21-2011

If you want decent rating, you need skill.

Rune pages are for convenience only, and are not necessary whatsoever.

Actually, looking at your profile, you need real runes. You shouldn't be thinking of getting more pages when you don't even have one full page set yet.

MikeyOnslaught

06-21-2011

Quote:
jellysandwich:
If you want decent rating, you need skill.

Rune pages are for convenience only, and are not necessary whatsoever.

Actually, looking at your profile, you need real runes. You shouldn't be thinking of getting more pages when you don't even have one full page set yet.
Yes, I'm only level 24 or something and bought some champions. I have some okay runes but I'm talking about season 2 and what I'll need.

My problem is I noticed renekton whom I bought does not fit any of my rune pages.

I have to think about the future because I told myself I'd spent 35$ on this game a year only. I have almost 4k RP and if I need the rune page I better buy it now.

SU Illum7nat3d

06-21-2011

i got 3 rune pages.
One for jungler
One for ad carry
One for ap carry

You can use the jungler rune page for tank, though if you have 6300 ip you better buy 4 rune page.
(i am 1370 elo on my other account that i use)

RayearthIX

06-21-2011

don't bother with the 4th rune page yet. Get to level 30, and fill 1 rune pages with tier 3 runes and quintesences, and then 2, and then 3. My pages are AP/Support, AP/Tank, and DPS. I'm still filling them out myself as I figure out what I want the pages to be, and eventually I'll get another one. Focus on what you have 1st though, a 4th rune page is worthless if you don't have the runes to fill the ones you have.

vermontsucks

06-21-2011

you really can do fine with 3, anything over that is just gravy