Old Lore or New lore?

The old one was better. 36 65.45%
I prefer the new one. 19 34.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Mordekaiser Lore Old vs. New Which is better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anvindr

06-21-2011

Here is the original Mordekaiser lore. Does anyone else beside me like it better than the new version? They completely removed the fact he is/was from the Shadow Isles and that just makes me sad. It was one of his most appealing features.

Also I didn't post the new one because you can just link to it on the site.

Original Mordekaiser lore.

"From the Shadow Isles comes a champion like no other. Standing eight feet tall, concealed within a razor-sharp armored shell is a creature known only as Mordekaiser. Some allege that he is a man, though none have actually seen what lies within the plates that encompass him. There are those who posit that he isn't a living being, but rather a particularly dark specimen of the undead rumored to infest his distant homeland - but such rumors are surely merely the ramblings of the paranoid or the whispers of the insane. What is known is this: Mordekaiser arrived unannounced at the Institute one day and, with the rasp of an echoing sepulcher, requested to join the League of Legends.

As if his fearful visage doesn't disturb enough, his touch bears a sinister plague. Those unfortunate enough to be caught within his grasp fall victim to incurable maladies. In fact, Mordekaiser seems mystically connected to sickness, as if it feeds and comprises part of his chilling essence. He has been seen stalking the slums of Noxus, drawn to the plague-ridden and diseased. However, there is something in his clever tactics, something in his noble stance, something in the tone of his unearthly commands that has led many to believe that Mordekaiser is more than just a foot soldier. Some see the distinguishing characteristics of a general. While many have learned to accept this unsettling possibility, a lingering question keeps them uneasily awake at the witching hour - If Mordekaiser is a general, what nightmarish army lurks at his command?

''If there is a thing festering at the heart of the League, it is the Lord of the ****ed.''
"

P.S. Apparently Riots forums censors its own stuff haha

DetectiveCactus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2011

While I feel with you that the old lore for him was better, I voted for the new one. They ret-conned the lore for a reason, and that reason is further consistency between different characters and their lores. I like consistency.

Anvindr

06-21-2011

Yeah I assumed part of it was due to the creation of Pentakill. It made more sense for him to be from Noxus than from the Shadow Isles.

Ruahi

06-21-2011

i prefer the old lore... it kept an air of mystery around him.strange though that he wouldnt stalk the slums of zaun instead of noxus if he is driven to the plague ridden and the diseased

Delmegar

06-21-2011

i absolutely vote old lore. At least then he was far more mysterious and frankly, intimidating when he originated in a place of undeath and darkness.

Anvindr

06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
i prefer the old lore... it kept an air of mystery around him.strange though that he wouldnt stalk the slums of zaun instead of noxus if he is driven to the plague ridden and the diseased
I believe Morde would be more inclined to spreading plague and disease and with Zaun being so ifested as it is his work is not needed there.

Harvester

06-21-2011

I'm indifferent about which lore is better from the "where is he from" standpoint, but I think the new one is better. I like both quotes, however, with the new one being:
''The common perception is that the encompassing armor protects him, I fear that - for the fragile time being - it actually protects us.'' - Rozuel Fecirem, Arch Adjudicator, noted in Mordekaiser's eligibility evaluation

Anvindr

06-21-2011

Yeah that is a pretty sweet quote.

Irongrinder

06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvindr View Post
Yeah I assumed part of it was due to the creation of Pentakill. It made more sense for him to be from Noxus than from the Shadow Isles.
They only said he hung around the slums of Noxus. They never specifically said that he was from that city. For all intents and purposes, he's still very much from the Shadow Isles.

Anvindr

06-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrinder View Post
They only said he hung around the slums of Noxus. They never specifically said that he was from that city. For all intents and purposes, he's still very much from the Shadow Isles.
I hope so because I've heard rumors that he is being retconned to not be from the Shadow Isles but those are just silly rumors.

I'm just enjoying the fact that the Shadow Isles are gaining more of a presence in the league.