Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Dorkbrains' Warwick Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helicrom

06-01-2010

Quote:
RocketSlug:

As for playing against me, good luck as I'm fairly low ELO. Even now, when I've actually got a fair amount of experience under my belt (lvl 26, ~160 games) I can honestly count with one hand the number of times I've been jumped early game, and I've yet to see anyone try to come after me now that I've started warding the river as per dorkbrains' suggestion. I realize that I'm probably just playing bad people, so I won't use it as justification that my strategy or my opinion is valid.

The AS runes have nothing to do with getting jumped. It has everything to do with <15:00. Prior to 15, you won't really invest in an attack speed. (razros>boots>pickaxe) So where are you going to get the attack speed?

Its especially important because your life steal is a flat amount, ie it loves AS. I am trying to figure this out mentally, if two lesser golems come, will you still be able to get golem by burning through two pots? However, do you have to use your newly cd'd smite to finish him?
If you burnt through both pots, whats your HP like while taking lizzy?

Basically, I feel pretty confident in saying your going to be a step behind in early game and its just going to build until you can make up the AS difference...

RocketSlug

06-02-2010

Sorry, you misunderstood. I apologize if I made myself unclear. I threw out that little anecdote to demonstrate that whatever benefits the AS runes provide don't make as much of a difference because of the bad people I play with. Because I'm not usually harassed while in the jungle, being slightly slow with my jungling is that not much of a detriment, whereas on higher ELO, jungling as quickly as possible may make the difference between a terrible and a viable Warwick.

As for my health while jungling, I generally don't find myself in much trouble. If I used Smite on the pair of golems I drag the larger one into the bushes and I can finish him with just one potion (having not used any on the first camp and leveling up so I have Hungering Strike). Then before the lizard I clear the other creeps which allows me to heal with hungering strike and I can take lizard pretty easily.

This might be due to what runes I already have. My rune page is a complete and utter mess at the moment, but I do have 14 ArPen and +3.6% AS if that matters any. Oh, and I take the attack speed masteries instead of the Magic pen, which might be a bad idea depending on how it affects Infinite duress (I know hungering strike is magical).

I do admit though that some time ago I was facing another Warwick on the opposing team and I was fairly behind. But then again, I may have itemized poorly. We didn't have a lot of good initiators, so I decided to build a Frozen Mallet to help out whereas the opposing WW went Youmuu's and actually was playing cleanup like he should've.

Helicrom

06-10-2010

Off the top of my head, ID does physical damage (33% of AD + flat amount).

Finally near the end I think you started to get it. Being less of a gank target is just a delightful side effect of moving through the jungle faster.

WW strategy made simple. Get a slight advantage early and push it through the game. Madred's Razors barely adds 15 damage and 23 armor (not sure this is right but its close; websites are way off with all the new patches) that effects a champion. HOWEVER, it adds 15 + an expected value of 75 (15%*500) to minions... With that said, I will let you figure out how you get an advantage.

Each minute you spend jungling you create a larger gap between you and your opponents than the minute before. To give you an idea, I normally hit lvl 6 before the mid hits lvl 7...

malphismia

06-10-2010

Actually, every moment your spend jungling gives your 2nd solo more XP, you should be hitting lvl6 roughly when mid hits level 6 if you're good at jungling. So you essentially have 3 potential carries.

Helicrom

06-11-2010

Quote:
MatadorRED:
Actually, every moment your spend jungling gives your 2nd solo more XP, you should be hitting lvl6 roughly when mid hits level 6 if you're good at jungling. So you essentially have 3 potential carries.

Good point about the 2nd solo. However, the discussion was on the effect of AS runes, not on the effect of jungling in general...

Isn't hitting level 6 before the mid hits level 7 and roughly when mid hits level 6 the same thing? In any event we are both agreeing you won't(/shouldn't if he doesn't suck) hit 6 before the mid...

Even hitting 6 before he hits 7 is hard since you should be going to gank the 2v2 at lvl 5 with both buffs.

dorkbrains

12-27-2010

bro my guide is bad. I need to update this shiz

dorkbrains

12-27-2010

This **** got updated

MehMike

03-04-2011

bump

dorkbrains

05-17-2011

r34l update

DÓA

05-17-2011

Quote:
dorkbrains:
r34l update

Shouldnt your update just be a full delete replaced with "Play Trundle instead." ??

ha