Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Dorkbrains' Warwick Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epistemic

Recruiter

05-18-2010

When I read "Madred's + Last Whisper > Black Cleaver" I thought "3800g + 1965g > 3065g? No duh"

iKickBunnies

05-19-2010

So is there any counter methods to when and the enemy team has someone jungling, I realized today that isn't to safe for you.

dorkbrains

05-24-2010

my item build is almost every single game in this order

madreds razor
boots of speed
madreds bloodrazor
merc treads
last whisper/wit's end

any new survivability that i need. banshees veil/guardian angel/sunfire.

have fun :P

ThePonsterMenis

05-25-2010

Yeah, I feel ya Dorkbrains, school let out and I didn't check this.

Few people:

@ Rocketslug=> No AS runes... DON'T PLAY WW. If you do I pray to god your not on my team!

@iKickBunnies=> You say the other team has someone jungling? I am not quite sure which Champs you mean... The only danger I really find is Shaco, or groups of two (shaco b/c he is faster and therefore will just annoy you and run away). Basically, the sight ward at Golem is your first line of defense. Second, avoidance is your ally. Other champs can hit a nuetral or two, but few can chain them together like WW. Now a group of two can be dangerous, especially within the first 1:30. That is why you have to buy fast and get running. Only time I have ever been killed in my own jungle (prior to end game) is when I was lax about this and they were waiting in a bush for me.

@ the MR comments=> Don't worry about people going MR... The worst I see is banshees veil, that can cause some REAL problems! Especially on a champ with high Armor... nasty.

I am wondering about the ArP Quints... switched to them a while ago and I miss my damage Quints... haven't done the number crunching.

ThePonsterMenis

05-25-2010

Woops, this is Helicrom. Didn't realize I auto logged on my friends account.

Cynai

05-27-2010

Such a good guide.

I'd tap it.

migsport

06-01-2010

Just a sec, kinda new.

UNIQUE mean things do not stack, right?

So why get Wit's End and Bloodrazor if both have a UNIQUE PASSIVE?

I'm not trying to correct you or anything, maybe I just do not know something.

Thanks guys

congalong

06-01-2010

Quote:
migsport:
Just a sec, kinda new.

UNIQUE mean things do not stack, right?

So why get Wit's End and Bloodrazor if both have a UNIQUE PASSIVE?

I'm not trying to correct you or anything, maybe I just do not know something.

Thanks guys

It means you cannot stack the item, not multiple items of UNIQUE PASSIVE. So you can't stack 2x Wit's end to get double the mana drain but wit's end + bloodrazor would be just fine.

migsport

06-01-2010

Quote:
congalong:
It means you cannot stack the item, not multiple items of UNIQUE PASSIVE. So you can't stack 2x Wit's end to get double the mana drain but wit's end + bloodrazor would be just fine.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it.

Sorry for the "spam" guys. :s

RocketSlug

06-01-2010

Quote:
ThePonsterMenis:
@ Rocketslug=> No AS runes... DON'T PLAY WW. If you do I pray to god your not on my team!

I'll seriously consider it, but like I said before, I'm trying to build a fairly generic rune page. From what I hear, generic melee's something like ArPen, Dodge, Flat Cooldown, Flat HP (Marks, Seals, Glyphs, Quintessences respectively). If I find the time and IP I'll give it a shot and see if getting more attack speed shakes out well with the other melee champs I play (TF and Nasus mostly, but I'm gonna try out Tristana and Yi possibly later).

As for playing against me, good luck as I'm fairly low ELO. Even now, when I've actually got a fair amount of experience under my belt (lvl 26, ~160 games) I can honestly count with one hand the number of times I've been jumped early game, and I've yet to see anyone try to come after me now that I've started warding the river as per dorkbrains' suggestion. I realize that I'm probably just playing bad people, so I won't use it as justification that my strategy or my opinion is valid.