Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Dorkbrains' Warwick Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBubba

05-05-2010

hm well for an MR heavy team i would think you should focus more on the bf side of the damage tree but idk I've tried bloodthirster early on WW and it just doesn't seem as good as the bloodrazors. I guess then it would be BC but idk. for boots I would really suggest mercs but mobility is good personal prefrence i guess

P.S. kinda a stupid question but what decides whether you a junior member or a member or senior member? cause mine just changed to member a little while a go. is it how often you visit/post on the forums?

Dunkin McCloud

05-05-2010

Not a clue but I don't post much so I am sure post count has something to do with it.

tocak22

05-07-2010

Awesome. Didn't really even knew about a jungling strategy besides don't die and use wards. You made it more clear! =D

dorkbrains

05-10-2010

Sorry guys, i'm getting my computer repaired and since the guide isn't on my favorites with this comp, i always overlook it :P soo here's a few replys

@MeanBean

I almost always get a Wit's End, i guess it's better to say that if the enemy team has a lot of manaless champions, you need to realize that you're gimping that much damage and it may actually be in your best interests to go for a last whisper instead, but if that enemy team has 3 or more magic, maybe even 2 or more magic heroes, you should prolly get a wit's end. but ill usually get a last whisper anyway and then get banshees

@everyone else (mainly the last few posts)

against a heavy magic resist heavy team, there is actually a lot you can still do. getting a bloodthirster is definitely a very good option, itll keep you alive a lot better and it'll add some extra damage to your ultimate. another good choice although i do not like it is to get an abyssal scepter. it will help the magic damage all around on your team agaisnt all of their team. again, i do NOT like this choce. but the option is out there. but in all honesty, i barely ever go against a team with enough magic resist for me to worry about because if the carry is maxing MR, then they have no damage. gg?

RocketSlug

05-13-2010

Just curious, since I don't want to start a new thread asking, but what does everyone think of the changes to Hunter's Call? I haven't been able to play Warwick lately (mostly trying out other guys), but I understand that this is probably supposed to nerf his early jungling game.

So my question is whether the 10% reduction in HC's boost slow down his early game much? Should I spend my skill point at lvl 4 on HC to get it up to 50% like it used to or should I just do what I usually do and put it into Blood Scent?

dorkbrains

05-14-2010

Quote:
RocketSlug:
Just curious, since I don't want to start a new thread asking, but what does everyone think of the changes to Hunter's Call? I haven't been able to play Warwick lately (mostly trying out other guys), but I understand that this is probably supposed to nerf his early jungling game.

So my question is whether the 10% reduction in HC's boost slow down his early game much? Should I spend my skill point at lvl 4 on HC to get it up to 50% like it used to or should I just do what I usually do and put it into Blood Scent?

nope, you should be perfectly fine. if anything, this should just make you want to go attack speed runes even more. the nerf was really just for the 3v3 game and in all seriousness made no change to his 5v5 game

Thistlemin

05-14-2010

Yeah Dork has it right. It does gimp him on 3v3 which I'm sad about because its where I main him.

iKickBunnies

05-14-2010

Dork
so can you lay out a definite order of items that you can get its kind of jumbled up

so far I see it as:
bloodrazor-> boots -> last whisper -> B.V -> bloodthirstier
is this right, can someone clear it up.

Perilya

05-14-2010

I Warwick end game is all about jumping and stunning where is the CD items to make your jump happen more often. Surely there is room for Youmuu's Ghostblade or Nashor's Tooth which both have other things going for them that help Warwick.

RocketSlug

05-18-2010

Quote:
Perilya:
I Warwick end game is all about jumping and stunning where is the CD items to make your jump happen more often. Surely there is room for Youmuu's Ghostblade or Nashor's Tooth which both have other things going for them that help Warwick.

I've seen some good builds with Youmuu's Ghostblade. As for CDR, you should have the golem buff for the most part, and if you have two points in utility mastery, they last 156 seconds. They respawn every 300 seconds (5 minutes), so if you play your cards right and get lucky, you can always have the golem buff and have basically no worries. Plus, his ult's on a 70 second cooldown, which is pretty short, so things usually aren't a problem.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the tip, dorkbrains. I'm trying to make generic rune pages for physical and caster champs, so I think I'll have to pass on the attack speed runes.