Fighting Morgonna as Zilean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

I've had a particular amount of trouble against any morgonna, her shield absorbs my two attacks, neither of which will do damage to the shield and break it. And her hold comes off cooldown very often, preventing me from escaping when I need to. Is there any weaknesses I can take advantage of? or should I just avoid them and hope someone else on the team can kill them for me?

Cooking Panda

09-10-2009

That's the problem right there, you're a support char, not a killing machine.

Nerdz

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

what you could do to have her turn arround is use your bomb twice with your refresh skill, you should be able to pop the shield and make her think twice about facing U, also speed yourself up as soon as your out of the stun harrass her a little and run away, ( DO NOT USE YOUR SLOW ON HER ) her shield removes imparing effects ( waste of time, mana, and prevents yourself from escaping ).

You will RARELY be able to kill her but spamming double bomb makes the bomb go boom instantly + high dmg, it will buy you some time to call for reinforcments

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdz View Post
what you could do to have her turn arround is use your bomb twice with your refresh skill, you should be able to pop the shield and make her think twice about facing U, also speed yourself up as soon as your out of the stun harrass her a little and run away, ( DO NOT USE YOUR SLOW ON HER ) her shield removes imparing effects ( waste of time, mana, and prevents yourself from escaping ).

You will RARELY be able to kill her but spamming double bomb makes the bomb go boom instantly + high dmg, it will buy you some time to call for reinforcments
I believe the shield cleanses bomb doesn't it?

Also, most people weren't surviving the stun, including me. She had loaded up on ap.

Ithryn

09-10-2009

Actually, I played Morgana last night as Zilean and it wasn't that bad. Just be prepared to dodge her bind at all times and toss your time bombs on creeps to farm instead of on her to harrass. In team fights, she'll shield earlier and you can put it on whatever squishy she doesn't shield. It's also got a pretty low duration so you can always throw one time bomb on her to take her shield, wait for it to drop, then toss the other one.

When I played last night, the time bombs were actually exploding on her for damage when she shielded herself because the time bomb mechanic is basically to do damage once the time bomb debuff has been removed, the shield removes it, so she takes damage. I think that might be a bug though, and it didn't happen 100% of the time, the shield blocked the damage maybe 25% of the time, but I got her to kill herself with her shield a few times early game.

Just to throw it out there, Zilean can still put down some high damage if you go with an AP build (since it scales 1:1 with time bomb) and still maintain his support roll just fine. It actually helps you support by adding health to your ult. Just get a Shroud for survivability and cooldown and stack AP for the rest of you items and you'll be hard to deal with.

Phaerius

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithryn View Post
Actually, I played Morgana last night as Zilean and it wasn't that bad. Just be prepared to dodge her bind at all times and toss your time bombs on creeps to farm instead of on her to harrass. In team fights, she'll shield earlier and you can put it on whatever squishy she doesn't shield. It's also got a pretty low duration so you can always throw one time bomb on her to take her shield, wait for it to drop, then toss the other one.

When I played last night, the time bombs were actually exploding on her for damage when she shielded herself because the time bomb mechanic is basically to do damage once the time bomb debuff has been removed, the shield removes it, so she takes damage. I think that might be a bug though, and it didn't happen 100% of the time, the shield blocked the damage maybe 25% of the time, but I got her to kill herself with her shield a few times early game.

Just to throw it out there, Zilean can still put down some high damage if you go with an AP build (since it scales 1:1 with time bomb) and still maintain his support roll just fine. It actually helps you support by adding health to your ult. Just get a Shroud for survivability and cooldown and stack AP for the rest of you items and you'll be hard to deal with.
Alright, I wasn't sure how the shield worked with bombs, it did the same thing for me. Damage sometimes, sometimes nothing. But yeah, end game I have about 300-400 ap.