AS kog'maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nitrobskt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2011

Ive been playing kog for awhile now with the standard AP build, and while i do enjoy it, i always wondered if he would be able to make better use of his w for some sort of AD build. After some thinking, i realized that AS would make the most use out of his w, and seemed to be what riot was pushing for with his recommended items.

So, earlier this morning, i decided to try out an AS build in a bot game. Unfortunately, the match didnt really last long enough to really prove or disprove the viability of this build, but it did show promise.

I maxed his w asap, with q right behind, making sure to put a point into e for a slow. This made his early game pretty weak, as he couldnt do much more than harass, but by mid game as i was building a bloodrazor, the kills started coming in, and pushing became much easier.

Towards the end of the game (around the 25 min mark), i was almost up to a 2.0 AS, and was able to burn down the bots quickly with my w active, which let my auto attacks do an extra 10% of their max health.

This build shows promise, but i was wondering how viable it might be for competitive lvl play (not that im playing competitively yet), and also if any of the more experienced players/theorycrafters might have any ideas to make the build stronger as a whole.

Draghinaazzo

06-20-2011

its burns people down with magic damage faster than most ad carries (and doesn't even need to pop bv's!). Thing is kogmaw has no escapes so I only play him when they use armour tanks (malph/rammus) or when they have 2 or more high hp bruisers (udyr, vlad, mundo). I do not play kogmaw when our team needs an ad carry (his early game is **** compared to my main caitlyn), or when the other team has 2 or more gap closers (XINMOFOZHAO, GODDARNITTYRND, etc.)

EDIT: scratch that 2 or more gap closers part, even if there is one stupid op gap closer (I'm looking at you too akali) I wont play kogmaw.

AmethystXIII

06-20-2011

As a recent Kog'Maw player, I can say building Madred's + Malady against a heavy HP-stacking team is just amazing. Able to get easily a quadra or penta kill in team fights if they do not focus you down. However, since he is REALLY slow, it's a good idea to grab movement speed quints (which I don't have). He has no escapes either so it's hard for him to not get focused and die early-mid game.

SiriusBeatz

06-20-2011

I don't play Kog'Maw, but I feel like the traditional Bloodrazor rush build takes too long to get started. You can get a lot of early damage with a fast Malady, which can then be rolled into Wit's End for even more attack speed and damage. You'll get around the same damage as the Bloodrazor rush, but you'll get much more damage early which allows you to get an advantage early. This game is hugely about snowballing, and the faster you get going, the better off you'll be. If you're doing super well early, you could probably get a late Bloodrazor and do stupid damage by the endgame.

dalzara

06-20-2011

It depends on what I find myself up against sometimes I go for malady first sometimes madreds. Sometimes you can get some early ganks off and then I find its best to get ot madreds fast. The attack speed boots plus madreds will have you melting people pretty early. One time messing around I got a sword of the divine as well and that actually worked pretty **** well with his rapid fire attack speed.