Veigar loadscreen fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
I presume here that we're supposed to replace the Veigarloadscreen.dds file right?

Also why is it that Veigar doesn't have a Veigar.dds file? Or is it only Kennen that has one?

*Edit : Replaced the file but i don't actually own Veigar - so i'll have to wait till someone loads him up in a Custom/Normal game

*Edit 2: Was curious so bought him with IP - worked like a charm! You are a genius Velkor!
Glad to hear it!

Every skin needs a dds file. I think the one you're looking for is actually called Veigar_turnaround_b.dds - I opened it up and it has his blue outfit.

Why is it named that? I have no idea. Riot doesn't seem to have any organized standards when it comes to file naming.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Hmmm but i didn't replace that file - i just replaced the loadscreen file. Btw how did you write this unpacker? Am quite curious.

Velkorious

07-07-2011

I programmed it in Java.

The .raf file contains information about where each file is located in the .raf.dat file, and how big it is. The files are compressed. So the unpacker creates the folder directory, finds each file, uncompresses it, and then copies its contents into the right folder.

It's more complicated than that, but that's basically it.

YSfighter

07-10-2011

Hey Velkor i think that you should mention this on the front page of this thread and the RAF tools thread.

Everytime a patch kicks in - due to the fact that a single file in the archive has changed the patcher spends some time verifying the files in that archive and it takes about 5 mins. Also this could affect patching in the future as Riot is messing around with the archives alot more these days. So it might be advisable for users to restore the original archives pre patch.

I haven't done that and since this patch is pretty large i'm letting it do it without actually restoring the original archive. I wanna see the side effects of it.

Velkorious

07-10-2011

The only time you should see issues with a patch on a customized archive is if Riot is updating a file that you've already customized - and the result is an unusable file. This shouldn't be an issue with images, but with models and animations, it could potentially ruin the file.

I'll add a warning, but unless you're doing custom models and animations, customization should be pretty safe.

Norlen

07-28-2011

Quote:
The image you want to replace is in the 0.0.0.25 archive, at:
unpacked/DATA/Characters/Veigar/VeigarLoadscreen.dds
There's no VeigarLoadscreen.dds in that file. It's empty. What did I do wrong?

Norlen

07-28-2011

Oh! Sorry!
I fixed it. I accidentally mistook a different directory.
It works perfectly! Thanks!

TheBlobsLie

08-03-2011

I actually like the blue load-screen veigar the need to change his in game model to match it.

dishogun

08-08-2011

As much as that blue viegar screen annoys me, the last time i fixed it and a patch came it really messed with my game, the patch took far too long as well. Also, it is alot of work to revert back before each patch, i just say live with the blue screen.

YSfighter

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishogun View Post
As much as that blue viegar screen annoys me, the last time i fixed it and a patch came it really messed with my game, the patch took far too long as well. Also, it is alot of work to revert back before each patch, i just say live with the blue screen.
No no. The last patch was supposed to be large - Riot warned us of it. It was a 300Mb patch instead of a normal 50-60Mb patch

And switching it back is really really easy. 5 mins tops.