Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hybrid kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormsoul

04-03-2010

not a guide, but anyone think it would work?

AP or attack speed page... i'm thinking

zerker greaves
rageblade
nashors

as a core... not sure what else. SOTD looks promising.

might not be amazing but it certainly sounds interesting, curious of what others think.

update: just tried it in a practice game with the exact build i listed + a blasting rod.. i know a game with bots isnt the best benchmark but once i got guinsoos i felt pretty powerful... time to go try it in a normal game.

TheTruhan

04-03-2010

Hybrid Kayle works, use it myself, but not with that build tho. Never used A Guinsoo's Rageblade before. For runes, I recommend getting AP and mana regen, the rest would be up to your choice (Marks and Quintessence)

GuyGin

04-03-2010

I run almost exactly that on TT.

Difference is I go for Nashor's First.

my build is:
Dorans ring
Boots 1
Codex
Stinger
Nashors
Boots 2 (usually mercury or tabi)
Guinsoo's

usually games dont go longer than that.

Guinsoo's is amazing on kayle tbh. Under holy fire, it increases her damage with each hit, and increases her speed with each hit too. amazing.

For runes I go Mpen marks, HP/lvl seals, and CDR glyphs, with a mix of hp and mpen quints. It works very well.

Nave222

04-03-2010

sheen, deathgrasp, nashors, (raegblade?), speed boots last whisp and madreds

sheen is proc'able on E

GuyGin

04-03-2010

Quote:
Nave222:

sheen is proc'able on E

only on the first attack though...

Kindwindz

04-03-2010

Can you explain what hybrid means quick? I am new to LOL

Larrick Rose

04-03-2010

Quote:
Stormsoul:

AP or attack speed page... i'm thinking

zerker greaves
rageblade
nashors

as a core... not sure what else. SOTD looks promising.

might not be amazing but it certainly sounds interesting, curious of what others think.

update: just tried it in a practice game with the exact build i listed + a blasting rod.. i know a game with bots isnt the best benchmark but once i got guinsoos i felt pretty powerful... time to go try it in a normal game.

Well I am not sure why your going for Attack Speed on Kayle.

I'd rather have damage if your going the attack route.

An you really want a Tiamat combined with lvl 5 Holy Fury it gives you 90% splash damage.

Myself I tend to go Tiamat, Rageblade, Bloodthirster. Cause she is not a true DPS'r but the lifesteal helps a little and bloodthirster increases the already high damage cap via kills which is a nice bouns. You don't really start to get attack speed till people die... fried or foe.. so 2 dead people in a fight and you've got your %50 attack speed. In TT its not that nice but in a 5v5 it works out much better.

IceDive

04-04-2010

Passive only procs when an ally dies or you are the one killing an enemy, not with any death on any side.

Also, hybrid means a mix between 2 styles, in this case AP and AD

Also, I really like guinsoo on kayle. It's the best hybrid item (maybe even the only real one) What would help her a lot though, is a way to help her farm early game. Anybody has ideas on that?

TheTruhan

04-04-2010

Quote:
Kindwindz:
Can you explain what hybrid means quick? I am new to LOL

Hyrbid means that you are building a character both for the purpose of damage via magical damage (spell boost/damage etc etc.) and also for the purpose of damage via auto-attacking(attack speed, damage etc etc.)

Klinkin

04-04-2010

Lol, Tiamat? Tried that. It don't work.
Just as a preface, there are plenty of other champions capable of working as a hybrid DPS. Kayle's usually put in a support role (because everyone and their mother plays as a carry). Therefore, don't play a hybrid Kayle (or any sort of offensive carry Kayle) unless you have a support. Also, if there's no tank, that'll be your secondary role. Kayle is one of the easiest champions to shoehorn into an uncovered role.

I've run several variations on DPS/AP hybrid builds, mostly inspired by Reginald's build. Generally, I go:
Regrowth Pendant -> Philo Stone
Boots -> Merc Treads
Last Whisper
Stinger -> Nashor's Tooth
If the game isn't over yet (Kayle is, in general, a terrible farmer), grab a Rageblade or something.
Kayle can't farm well, so you have to stay in lane longer than other champions. If you're forced back before level 6, either you're doing something wrong, they're dead set on keeping you down, or you just got ganked or something equally unlikely. The Philo Stone should be your first item (bought on your first trip back to base) to supplement your gold supply.
Around that time, ganks start happening. Merc treads are good for both ganking and surviving ganks. If you're strapped for cash, Zerker's can also work, especially if they're short on cc.
Last Whisper eats armor tanks, towers, and structures for breakfast. Enough said there.
Nashor's Tooth is an excellent hybrid item. Interesting note: in the near future, it will be changed from 30% attack speed and 12/5 mana regen to 50% AS and 10/5 mana regen, as Stinger is going to 40% AS and 10% CD redux with no mana regen.
Rageblade is a useful item, and I'm looking at incorporating it into more Kayle builds.