Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quick n' Dirty AP Kassadin Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

04-02-2010

This is my second guide. I played Kassadin a lot when he was free and i just bought him and did very well for a few games. So here 'goes.

I'd like to point out that this build is more for Twisted Treeline than Summoners Rift, it focuses a little more on survivability, which is big in TT.

Backstory and Skills:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions/view/38/kassadin_the_void_walker

There they are, better than i could say it.

Rune and Masteries:
Runes should probably be magic pen and mp5 mostly. Whatever else you want.
Masteries id suggest 9/0/21, but 21/0/9 might work as well.

Summoner Spells:
Exhaust is very good, lets you get in catch up and make a carry useless for a few seconds.
Ignite works as well, finish off a runner or prevent some healing.
If you want to try others out, go ahead. Just avoid flash and ghost, duh.

Ability order:
Get Q first, then focus on E, and grab ult whenever possible.
Order: Q, E, E, Q, E, R, E, Q, E, Q, R, Q, W, W, W, R, W, W.
If you feel you are having mana troubles get W at some point instead of Q, probably at level 7 or 8.

Items:
Rod of Ages seems perfect for Kassadin, right? Well, it is. Start with Sapphire Crystal and pots or ur choice.
Keep building for RoA, then get boots, if you think you need boots earlier, get them after Catalyst ot Blasting Wand.
After RoA, get Sorc boots, you do a lot of magic damage and the mpen is great.
The next couple items are situational. Lich Bane is good if you need magic resistance. Rylai's is good if you want more health and the slow is excellent. Zhonyas is great for the new active if you get focused a lot.
You should go for all three of these items, but the order is up to you.

Final item order:
1. Rod of Ages
2. Sorc Shoes
3. Lich Bane
4. Rylai's
5. Zhonya's Ring
6. Probably over by now

Strategy:
Since this is mostly for TT, you should only go for the early gank if you have partners who are good at it. You can probably solo against one enemy, but if you end up laning against 2, get a partner. Try to lane with/against people who spam a lot of abilities. Eve and Karthas are the best, Mundo and Ezreal are good too. They will charge your Force Pulse very fast and thats your main source of damage. You need to be defensive at first. Don't spam Q too much, only to silence and maybe last hit.
Once you get your ult, you pretty much can't die. TT has so many short walls, use it to your advantage, Riftwalk over them to escape or initiate. Ive killed many runners my rifting into the dragon spawn and finishing them off. Use Force Pulse as much as possible, silence the main casters and healers. Your ult is more for escaping and chasing than doing damage. Its pretty weak until you build up stacks and then it drains mana like crazy. That being said, it's not completely useless for doing damage. It can finish off a weak enemy and if your going to jump into battle its better to hit with it than not.

There you have it, go try it out and see if t works for you, it definitely has for me.

Zielmann

04-02-2010

That's pretty similar to what I use on Kass, even on SR. Actually haven't played much on TT. I should give it another try.

Only thing I'd add is Abyssal Scepter. Good magic resist, and more magic pen. Aside from starting with Catalyst -> Rod of Ages and then Sorc's boots, I tend to adjust the order of the remaining items depending on the situation. Sometimes I'll even throw in an early Soulstealer if I'm doing well enough. But I tend to do perfectly fine without it. I'm not a huge fan of the snowball items, really. It basically puts a huge target on your back for the other team to focus you.

StretchyStretch

04-02-2010

Quote:
Zielmann:
That's pretty similar to what I use on Kass, even on SR. Actually haven't played much on TT. I should give it another try.

Only thing I'd add is Abyssal Scepter. Good magic resist, and more magic pen. Aside from starting with Catalyst -> Rod of Ages and then Sorc's boots, I tend to adjust the order of the remaining items depending on the situation. Sometimes I'll even throw in an early Soulstealer if I'm doing well enough. But I tend to do perfectly fine without it. I'm not a huge fan of the snowball items, really. It basically puts a huge target on your back for the other team to focus you.

Yea ive thought about abyssal scepter, if there are enough casters on the other team its definitely a good idea, but on TT ive been seeing mostly physical dps, and people dont stack MR cuz im usually the only caster. Yea i avoid snowball items too, expect leviathan on some tanks.