How do you play the TT map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

04-02-2010

Ive been playing rift forever now and decided to try tt out, and i completely failed. I tried using the same strats and it failed and realize you have to play that level different so how. How do you start off. do you gank,lane,jungle,push. And whats a good team line up cause i realize support charcters and tanks dont mean much in the 3v3 match. Thats what ive noticed. Can i get a detailed way on how to play this lev.

Ty in advance

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

It's pretty important to win your early encounters. For this reason, health-related items and such are great. Also, a mix of gankers, tanks, and people that excel in jungles are choice picks.

If you're wondering why I'm saying tanks are fairly good, it's because tanks are designed for 5v5. They would have to be able to play the tank while potentially 5 people are trying to kill them. With 3 people, it's harder to kill a tank.

Ahhpple

04-02-2010

I also want to add that most tanks have strong disables, and having a good disable means more when there are only 3 people to fight as opposed to 5.

IceGiants2

04-02-2010

Yah, you need to have one or two tanks.

Dr. Mundo, Mort, Scion, Cho, Rammus, Shen, Udyir and Taric are all amazing on TT.

Non-tank characters are somewhat more randomly good or bad.

Downfaller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

CONTROL THE JUNGLE!!!! Most important, you always want Dragon, and you want to control lizard, the other two buffs are good but they fade too fast to just keep them on. I grab them before a gank.

Map Awareness, know where a gank is coming from. It is much easier to gank top then bottom

Don't go into a laning phase, I find roaming between the two lanes works much better. That is why map awareness is so important.

It takes about three minions waves at the tower to take it down meaning push the minions there, and leave when it gets dangerous.

Kills>Towers, with so little people and a small map dieing really hurts your team, because it is easy to turn a 2v1 into 2v3.

Past that TANKS!!!! At the end you pretty much have to BD the last tower since it is so close to fountain. Get them to push out then take it.

GuyGin

04-02-2010

I think there is some good advice here. I disagree with some of it though.

You want a good jungler on your team. That doesn't mean that everyone should be in the jungle at all times. Ignoring your creeps will leave you behind on levels.

Ward the dragon and the lizard. Cant stress how important this is. 180 gold every 4 minutes or so will give you so much more control.

If the enemy are all Laning, and you can solo against 2 of them in lane (some heroes can some cant, depending on the matchup) you can get a huge level advantage by having 1 person in each lane and 1 in the jungle.

If the enemies are not visible, make sure everyone falls back slightly and meets up asap. 3 people going missing either means they are doing something important like dragon, or they're setting up a gank. Be very careful.

Ganking is very important. It's very easy to come up behind someone on TT and kill them. Take advantage of this and try to avoid if they do it to you.

Some heroes are better than others on this map. The hero parity is extremely different. Some favorites of mine:
Teemoo, Nidalee (both for their map awareness / mobility) Morde, Mundo, Shen (for their incredible durability and pushing ability and strong early game) Shaco (hands down the best ganker on the map, very difficult to kill in the right hands.) Warwick, Nunu (great heroes for jungling. With smite, they can really give your team a huge advantage by clearing some of the important creeps). Kayle, Zilean, if you can keep 1 of your 3 teammates alive through FF, you may have just turned a bad situation into an ace.

aznwillyy

04-02-2010

get all your gold from jungling and killing. Stay in jungle and gank gank gank. Push after kills then go back to jungle.

MrRumble

04-02-2010

Map control is paramount
wards: dragon/ Lizard pretty much always.

If they have a good jungle toon, then have bushes up top (banshee/wolves) warded
Its important to have their jungler nervous about jungling.

go with 2 in the top lane, (jungler on hand to cover mid)

and your strongest mid game champ soloing bottom. champs like AP sion or Zil who have incredible burst can rack up kills very fast, if they are left to a solo lane and get ahead of the levelling curve. Get the opposition think they have to group up and stay clustered.

If you have a good team fight composition, then you can engage the opposition at will when you are a level or two ahead. I'm talking 2 off tank + AE/Carry team.
If not, then defensively farm up creep kills, control the economy (your wards will be paying off here). If you see a solo hero attempting lizard/banshee. Get your team there and stomp him. Or two man stomp him.
Force the other team to roam in a pack and not be able to farm hero kills effectively, which takes the strategy of grouping away from them. If you have massive amounts of money, get someone to take oracles and take out their wards, and place yours. Giving you the advantage ofmap intelligence firmly in your teams favour. KNowing where they are means you can plan your ganks much more effectively.
Pick your targets wisely!
Support heroes can change games. Champs like Zil can change games. he's so squishy, make him waste his ult on himself, dont let him chrono a carry or worse a tank.
Warwick, who you will see a lot on TT is important to kill very quickly. his regen/lifestealing will destroy teams if not dealt with very fast.
Lots of teams will have a 2tank 1push/carry/support makeup. Play to their weakness, which is they have to be together all the time to be really effective. Have your best pusher push the opposite lane, while the other 2 guerilla warfare and slow down their advance. Spread their team out. A tank by himself won't be a hige threat. and if they've built like some hybrid wannabe, 1v1 should be elementary for a decent carry.
Isolate supporters and carries.

If you can 3v1 a tower, kill it.Don't try and ace push, its not necessary. If you have wards, you should know where the enemy is in relation to towers when you're pushing. harass towers till they drop.

Mesa H

04-02-2010

My team start off warding lizard and group in bush, if someone jungles, gank him, if he's in lane, gank him, if he's tower hugging, gank him, if he's just walking around, gank him.

my team is usually Blitz, Teemo, fiddle, works pretty well for me, but there might be better combinations

If you don't have much preference on summoner skills, take flash always, great for getaways, ignite would always be good , because in 3v3, there's a lot of chance someone gets away with a silver of health, having ignite helps with that,

Exhaust is basically a must, at least one on your team, coz if a team battle breaks out, exhaust the physical dps and u just won half of the fight

Edit: Any hero with shield or second life is great in TT, Shen, Blitz, aniv (walling off the entire path anyone?) poppy and morg, on the top of my mind