Newbie's questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScoPatrol

04-02-2010

Hi, so I just started the game yesterday, I tried playing with Warwick before setteling for Nunu. I only wanted to ask how it'd be best to build Nunu for a game. I've had a bit of practice with him, finishing one game with 12 kills, 0 deaths, but I've only really played Twisted Treeline so I have no clue about Summoner's Rift.

My other question is: Are Tank champions for noobs? Cuz I've already had people calling me a noob (which I pretty much am), but because I decided to play a tank. Is this just a bad loser (we beat hem big time), or are tanks really only for beginners? Well, thanks for any help!

ScoPatrol

skystream92

04-02-2010

Here's a flowchart.

1.Play a game
2. Did you win? If yes, you're doing it right. If not, you're doing it wrong.
3. Repeat steps.

Voidgolem

04-02-2010

Tanks that go exceedingly far into the negative without racking up mass assists in the process are doing it wrong.

Otherwise? Your teammates are dumb. Don't worry about it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPatrol View Post
Hi, so I just started the game yesterday, I tried playing with Warwick before setteling for Nunu. I only wanted to ask how it'd be best to build Nunu for a game. I've had a bit of practice with him, finishing one game with 12 kills, 0 deaths, but I've only really played Twisted Treeline so I have no clue about Summoner's Rift.

My other question is: Are Tank champions for noobs? Cuz I've already had people calling me a noob (which I pretty much am), but because I decided to play a tank. Is this just a bad loser (we beat hem big time), or are tanks really only for beginners? Well, thanks for any help!

ScoPatrol
It's just an idiot. Tanks are great.

dankclimes

04-02-2010

A lot of people see nunu as a nooby champion. They are dead wrong. They saw him get played a lot by noobs when they were low level. Now that they are higher level they perceive that nunu is a fairly simple character with obvious attacks that are easily avoidable and so they write him off. Then they reach level 30 and get destroyed by people who actually know how to play nunu.

So don't sweat it. Nunu is a great champion both for beginners (because he IS easy to understand) and for veterans at higher levels of play (because his ult is insanely high damage and his attack speed/movement speed buff doubles the threat of any decent carry ie master yi).

Also, in general, tank champions are easier to play. They usually have less attack skills and longer cooldowns than damage dealing champions so they definitely play at a more relaxed pace. However since they have long cooldowns and have limited ways of dealing damage HOW you use the abilities they have is incredibly important. This is what separates the noobs from the pros. Alistair's punt for instance is incredibly deep. You can use it to punt an enemy away from a friend who is dying. You can use it to punt an enemy who you want to kill back to your teammates. I've often used it to save myself or others by punting a ganker over a wall and then running away. Also since it moves you to the enemy location you can use it to move into or out of tower range easily. Many people dont expect alistair to use his punt to escape tower hits, but it can work wonders.