Wasn't the Championship best of 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiyou

06-21-2011

I might have overlooked something, but didn't each team win 1 game each? So how does that make Fnatic the champs?

Tinytankz

06-21-2011

Weighted double elim

ActuallyMellow

06-21-2011

aAa lost to fnatic in the upper bracket making them drop down to the lower bracket and since they fought back up vs team solo mid, They had to win 2-0 because they had already lost to fnatic earlier that day. Same as team solo mid had to beat aAa 2-0 to get to the grand final and aAa only had to win once because they beat team solo mid earlier that day.

Sir On The Edge

Recruiter

06-21-2011

In my eyes, that's fair.

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2011

in most double elimination tournaments (not sure for this game genre but i know for fighting games.) though both teams play a full match, if the winners bracket side wins 2 out of 3 they win the tourney, but if the loser side wins 2 out of 3 then the match resets as the winners side goes into the losers bracket and the last 2 out of 3 match is played out.

I think that the choice to weigh the matches the way they did was not entirely fair, but instead was meant to save time as League can be a very drawn out game.

TonyOrtiz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2011

Virtually every fighting game tournament uses the same format, at least for the Grand Finals. The person from the winners bracket only has to win one match (or 2) and the person from losers has to win 2 (or 3). I wasn't really quite understanding how some of the multiple weights were being applied because watching the stream, they explained that if CLG would have went through, they would have had evened series because they hadn't lost in the bracket to who they were facing next. I am still a little confused but it seems to be fair.