How do i set up smart cast???????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiritus Irae

06-17-2011

i have seen a lot of guides and spotlights telling you that using smart cast is good and such how do i set it up and what is it?

NotProEnough

06-17-2011

In game

Escape->Key Bindings
Scroll till you see smart cast, it should by default be set to SHIFT+<spell button>

Just switch it to be qwer.
I learned about it pretty early on so I've been getting used to smart casting for a bit now, but I only use it on W and E(for now). It allows you to react a lot faster then with standard spell casting.

Spiritus Irae

06-17-2011

so if i hit shift and q w e or r then it works?

NotProEnough

06-17-2011

It should be, SHIFT but I'm not 100%

Alt + <spell button> to self cast.

But I do advise actually changing your keybindings to your standard Q W E R as it will be a lot easier this way. You can always change it back if it's uncomfortable and just change 1 button at a time to get used to it...which is what I'm doing.

I switched my smart cast to Q W E R and self cast to SHIFT + <spell button> since SHIFT is a lot easier to hit then Alt.

And you should definitely have spells on self cast. Having to click yourself to heal, shield, buff or w/e else is kind of dumb. Change your keybindings. You will benefit greatly from it no matter how long it takes for you to get used to it.

Reiji Ozora

06-17-2011

shift and qwer is how the default is. However, do you really want the default? I play Vladimir for instance and I just change the smartcast to use q and r for him. There are some skills that you will always want to be smart cast. There will be some skills that you don't. But in most cases when I can, I want it. So I just switch the ones that I want it for directly over and leave the others on the default. When you switch over to a new champion, you'll have to redo it though..(in case the new champion has different skills that you want smartcast or some skill that you don't want smartcast)

Spiritus Irae

06-17-2011

does smartcast ever target enemies?

thanks for all the help i am very grateful !

NotProEnough

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritus Irae View Post
does smartcast ever target enemies?

thanks for all the help i am very grateful !
I'm assuming you mean minion
It hits what you target. Smart cast = mouse over target, hit spell->spell casts. As long as you aren't targeting a minion you'll be fine, but the same rings true for normal casting.

Take note that when you have your mouse over ANY unit it gets highlighted, this will be your target when smart casting. If the spell can't be used on a minion, it won't be, which is standard.

NotProEnough

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Ozora View Post
shift and qwer is how the default is. However, do you really want the default? I play Vladimir for instance and I just change the smartcast to use q and r for him. There are some skills that you will always want to be smart cast. There will be some skills that you don't. But in most cases when I can, I want it. So I just switch the ones that I want it for directly over and leave the others on the default. When you switch over to a new champion, you'll have to redo it though..(in case the new champion has different skills that you want smartcast or some skill that you don't want smartcast)
I haven't played every champ, but the only thing I have trouble smart casting is line missle skill shots i.e Mundo's Cleaver, Lee Sin's Sonic Wave...and I definitely want to learn to smart cast those.

Could you give an example of something I wouldn't want smart casted?

Spiritus Irae

06-17-2011

ok a bit confused yes or no on being able to smart cast abilities like the skill shots and single target nukes on enemies?

NotProEnough

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritus Irae View Post
ok a bit confused yes or no on being able to smart cast abilities like the skill shots and single target nukes on enemies?
You can smart cast EVERY spell.