RoA vs Rylais...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CruciferZ

04-01-2010

I just realized this:

if you subtract the mana out of the RoA...and max RoA...you get Rylais stats...

So for 100g more you can have all the stats of RoA (Maxed out) minus the mana.

Intriguing...

Phreak

Shoutcaster

04-01-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah, but Catalyst is awesome

Talamare

04-01-2010

waiting 15 minutes for your item not to suck is a -1 on it too

Frödo Swaggins

04-01-2010

But Catalyst is awesome!!

Mamoulian

04-01-2010

Building to RoA is better early game if you want hp/mana and helps with your laning. On the other hand, it takes awhile to get AP with RoA as the only AP item in RoA is the yellow wand.

Rylai's is harder to get hp early on as you need to get the belt first. However, you can get AP sooner because Rylais uses the book.

So for me it's whether or not I want hp/mana early on or Ap early on. In most cases survivability > AP and I go catalyst.

Baron Corm

04-01-2010

This is why I don't get RoA any more on anyone except maybe Singed or Ryze or etc.

SlyGoat

04-01-2010

Rod of Ages should just be renamed Rod of Singed.

inept

04-01-2010

its good on kass/anivia too. they need boatloads of mana and already have AOE slows so rylai's is pretty meh

Weyen

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruciferZ View Post
I just realized this:
So for 100g more you can have all the stats of RoA (Maxed out) minus the mana.
The mana is kind of a big deal for some casters, though, while the slow on Rylai's is pretty meh. I find it works well to grab a RoA early for Amumu, for example, since he's insanely mana hungry early game, and the damage you get from being able to run Despair makes up for the loss of AP in the short run.

Plus, both Rylai's and RoA give very nice stats for caster/tank characters. It seems wasteful to me to pack two Rylai's (since the passives don't stack), so if there's even a chance of me getting both, I'll probably try for a RoA first. RoA first, Rylai's second means your character will be at full power as soon as he gets a Rylai's (or close to), while getting the Rylai's first means you'll still have your fifteen minute build-up time after you get the Rod before you hit max.

68iOweYou1

04-01-2010

i play anivia.. so i find RoA and arch angel staff is good combination insted because anivia needs crazy amounts of mana and the mana bonus from RoA makes arch angel more effective

but for ezreal i always get rylia's first ^.^ then lich bane