Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Sale Tracking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waxor X

06-17-2011

Hi, I though I might share some of the info I compiled on champions and sales.

Things I am currently considering:

• Days since the last time a champions was on sale
  • Number of sales a champion has been in. (Only Blitzcrank, Shen, and Amumu have been on sale 3 times)
  • The longest time ANY champion has gone between sales (443 days at time of post)
  • If the champion has ever been on sale. A small set never have been on sale.
  • If this is a newer champion, how close it is to the newest champion that last went on sale. karma is the the most recently new champion to go on sale.

These champs are due to be on sale. They are the oldest champions and all other champions in the initial release have gone on sale.
Annie, Ashe, Kayle, Nunu, Ryze, Soraka

Champions likely to go on sale soon:
Sivir, Poppy - they have been on sale, but not for 443 days. This is the longest any champion has ever gone.
Maokai - The newest champion that has not been on sale. Next is Jarvan IV then Nocturne.

Champions that are overdue to be on sale:
Taric, Corki, Mordekaiser, Galio, Trundle - These have never been on sale but are older then many others that have gone on sale. Many other champions in this range have been on sale twice.

Waxor X

06-17-2011

space saved.

PRN

06-17-2011

Nice idea and community contribution. But I never pay attention to champion sales, just skin sales mostly. Atleast this thread will prevent people from buying a champ and then the next day that champ is on sale.

Toysoldier

06-17-2011

I have been waiting for Galio to go on sale since the last free week. Wouldn't mind getting Taric either. I would very much like to see all of the data collected. Would be interesting to see it all.

Bump.

Waxor X

06-17-2011

Its part of a huge Google Docs spread sheet. I also track things like the ratio of flat vs /level runes at 18 and I have a table of every item in the game. I like spread sheets. I am working on cleaning out my personal data so I can share the doc.

Shuuya Kano

06-17-2011

Btw Nocturne was actually on sale pretty recently.

Waxor X

06-17-2011

I am not counting the initial "sale" that they do for new champions since the champion is not on sale, only the skin packs.

I scrapped the Announcements forum as best I could and then moved the data around a bunch, so some errors might have crept in. Here is a partial list of champs by days on sale:
Champion Times on sale Since Last sale
Annie never 846
Ashe never 846
Kayle never 846
Nunu never 846
Ryze never 846
Soraka never 846
Taric never 667
Corki never 636
Mordekaiser never 478
Sivir 1 443
Poppy 1 443
Galio never 311
Gangplank 2 274
Garen 1 256
Master Yi 1 224
Kennen 1 210
Urgot 1 210
Trundle never 198
Shaco 2 191
Pantheon 2 191
Maokai never 121
Ezreal 1 120
Xin Zhao 1 120
Anivia 1 114
Jarvan IV never 108

theSTDlife

06-17-2011

I was also bored today and made a spreadsheet about this... sorted by RP, IP, Release dates, and sale dates.

It is highly unlikely that the 260 RP champs (Annie, Ashe, Kayle, Nunu, Ryze, Soraka) will get a sale since they are so **** cheap and most of their IP is pretty low at 450. One could get 450 IP in 5 games or less. Annie is the exception at 1350 IP so a possible sale could be approaching for her, but I doubt it.

Corki, Galio, and Maokai are the strongest 6300/975 champs for sale consideration. The earliest for a 6300/975 to do this was Renekton, who went on sale 133 days after his release. As of today, it's been 121 days for Maokai, 311 days for Galio, and 636 days for Corki without a sale. The reason I believe for Corki's delayed sale date is because Riot gave him away for free...

The other two 975 RP champs for consideration are Trundle and Jarvan. Trundle seems like a stronger candidate since he was released earlier. So far it's 198 days without a sale for Trundle and 108 for Jarvan.

I should have more stats on who I think are viable guesses for Sale

theSTDlife

06-17-2011

Also, in my data I have sale on Mordekaiser due to this

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=champion+sale (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=116406&highlight=champion+sale)

but still... that was a while ago (395 Days)

EDIT
With the help of =today() and conditional formatting, I have put together a theoretical list of which champions should be on sale. The document was much easier to produce on Excel, but I have created a Google doc just for fun... I shall list the champions based on IP/RP Values

6300/975
Corki, Galio, Maokai*, Kennen, Ezreal*, Anivia*

4800/975
Trundle, Jarvan*

3150/975
Mordekaiser, Akali, Urgot, Pantheon, Xin Zhao, Nidalee, Olaf, Heimerdinger, Sona, Gangplank

3150/585
Garen, Cho'Gath

1350/585
Morgana*, Alistar*, Fiddlesticks*

* = These champs lie just below the conditional cut-off but have a good chance to go on sale.

I'll put more comments to explain the Google doc... honestly it's my first time using it, so my conditional formatting is still off.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=COCFgaAC (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agj_Y9GoJw6ydGRRbVIydFl3X3FfOTFRbndJYWpsTmc&hl=en_US&authkey=COCFgaAC)

Waxor X

06-20-2011

Its funny how your doc looks a lot like mine.

Here is my sheet, "Champ" is the relevant one. There is a lot more good data in there, I use the list of runes all the time. I wish there was a way to let viewers sort the data.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkrbWkERIvGsdEdUcmZMQ0Q3M3hfdVI1aldmekNMZXc&hl=en&pli=1&authkey=COWFltQH#gid=25