Does ELO mean anything?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You're assuming single game are games over time.
And you're assuming a 10% constant makes a big difference.

Shuuya Kano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

As of now, your solo queue ranked Elo means very little. In general, 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999% of the League of Legends population is bad. There are plenty of people that are just plain bad in higher (only my experience playing with up to ~2k players except for the last game that had Yiruru in it) Elo.

Ranked 5s Elo should really reflect your true skill, imo. I'll say that even though my Ranked 5s Elo is pretty subpar.

OnlyBotLane

06-16-2011

Quote:
What?

EDIT: In my experience it has always been the team with the AD carry who feeds that loses. Not the team with the best player that wins.

Carados

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderkleize View Post
And you're assuming a 10% constant makes a big difference.
You're assuming it's only 10%.

And yes, you deserve your rating. Looking at your games, you're terrible and contributed to your teams loss in ever loss.

Let's put it this way: If Elo didn't mean anything, how come many high Elo players have gotten multiple smurfs to the same level?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandraxhair View Post
What?
Exactly. You don't get the difference between single games and over time.

Thunderkleize

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookwak420 View Post
As of now, your solo queue ranked Elo means very little. In general, 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999% of the League of Legends population is bad. There are plenty of people that are just plain bad in higher (only my experience playing with up to ~2k players except for the last game that had Yiruru in it) Elo.

Ranked 5s Elo should really reflect your true skill, imo. I'll say that even though my Ranked 5s Elo is pretty subpar.
Ranked 5s Elo reflects the skill of the team as long as the team remains constant. Once that changes, the Elo isn't accurate anymore.

Ryadic

06-16-2011

Quote:
I'm doing soul searching to see if I actually want to continue.

Also: 10% constant doesn't mean much.
Your math is a little of. You make up 1/5 of your team. 20%.

Thunderkleize

06-16-2011

Quote:
You're assuming it's only 10%.

And yes, you deserve your rating. Looking at your games, you're terrible and contributed to your teams loss in ever loss.
Brings me back to a point I made earlier. If I tank well but my team can't kill anybody, doesn't matter that I played a tank at all.

OnlyBotLane

06-16-2011

Quote:

Exactly. You don't get the difference between single games and over time.
Actually I was confused over your usage of English. Your post made no sense.

Quote:

Thunderkleize

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryadic View Post
Your math is a little of. You make up 1/5 of your team. 20%.
There are 2 teams. 5 people a team. 10 players total. 1/10 of the player population. You are in control of 10% of the outcome.

Carados

06-16-2011

Quote:
Brings me back to a point I made earlier. If I tank well but my team can't kill anybody, doesn't matter that I played a tank at all.
Step one: Assuming there's a "tank" role in League of Legends. Realizing there isn't will make you better at the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandraxhair View Post
Actually I was confused over your usage of English. Your post made no sense.
It made perfect sense.

You're assuming single games are games over time.