Does ELO mean anything?

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unremarcable

Member

06-16-2011

Elo doesn't matter I've seen many very good players who haven't played Ranked once.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Canadian Kid

Senior Member

06-16-2011

so if its ''Elo'' and not ''ELO'' i assume its congruent to the name ''Dog'' for a dog ''Dee-oh-gee''


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcosProHeadshot View Post
Elo doesn't matter I've seen many very good players who haven't played Ranked once.
Elo exists for normal games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
If you're as good as you say it is, the chance is very low over time, because you're on your team, meaning 4 possible slots on your team, and 5 on the enemy team.

And it's a self-correcting system, because if you're as good as you think you are, you play worse players, and can make a greater impact.
I don't buy into that theory. One player makes up 10% of the outcome. One player does not win games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderkleize View Post
I don't buy into that theory. One player makes up 10% of the outcome. One player does not win games.
I would suggest you actually play the game instead of posting mean things about it then.

The only thing that effects your rating in the long term is how good YOU are, as you are the ONLY constant between those games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
I would suggest you actually play the game instead of posting mean things about it then.

The only thing that effects your rating in the long term is how good YOU are, as you are the ONLY constant between those games.
I'm doing soul searching to see if I actually want to continue.

Also: 10% constant doesn't mean much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feelin Tela

Junior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell yo View Post
so if its ''Elo'' and not ''ELO'' i assume its congruent to the name ''Dog'' for a dog ''Dee-oh-gee''
its named "Elo" in honor of Arpad Elo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2011

The point is though that Elo system doesn't work on team games. I can perform very well and my team will lose. On the other hand I can perform really poorly and get carried hard. My Elo will go down and up accordingly and it will have nothing to do with my playing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandraxhair View Post
The point is though that Elo system doesn't work on team games. I can perform very well and my team will lose. On the other hand I can perform really poorly and get carried hard. My Elo will go down and up accordingly and it will have nothing to do with my playing.
You're assuming single game are games over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados
The only thing that effects your rating in the long term is how good YOU are, as you are the ONLY constant between those games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litral View Post
If the 2500 teams up with four 800's and plays with five 800's, the 2500 will get 34/2, acquire dragon four times and steal buff five times while being half asleep. And they only died twice because their death helped ace the enemies twice.
That won't happen. The 2500's team will probably get teamed up against five 1200s. Sure the 2500 is going to stomp them, but the four 800s aren't going to bring much to the table against the 1200s. It would be like a 3v5.


12345612 ... 22