Does ELO mean anything?

1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

EDIT: Bring more to the conversation than ELO =/= Elo =/= elo.

Soloqueue:

I'm being serious here. Doesn't matter how well one person plays on your team, if somebody else does equally bad or worse. You lose. Independent of how well you are playing, this is what happens. You can't control how well your team plays, you can't even control if they stay in the game. You have an extremely small impact on how the game ends.

This is even worse for somebody who plays a tank or support regularly. No matter how good a tank or support is, they are only as good as the players they are tanking for and/or supporting for. A good jungler can have a bigger effect on the game but only if the other team doesn't ward properly. An AD or AP carry has the biggest effect on a game, imo, considering they generally do the most damage to other champs and towers. If you get focused, your team has to pick up the slack. No matter what, EVEN if you do well, you can't win the game for your team.

If you consistently get stuck with bad players on your team, you'll lose. There is no way around it. I am not saying I'm a 2500 ELO player, but I would challenge a 2500 ELO player to team up with four 800 ELO players and see if the 2500 can carry the game. I say they lose.

I say the the ELO system is broken, it doesn't work, and that there is probably no system that will work better. Also: Why does queue dodging drop ELO? If I have a good suspicion that my teammates have downs, why should I get my ELO penalized for dodging? You already get a time penalty, is the ELO penalty worth it? You force people into playing games with people they don't want to.

Last Thoughts: Why do solo queuers play against multiple queuers? I know they have math to attempt to balance it, but that doesn't make any sense and I also doubt it works.

P.S. Riot fix my ****ing ELO. I was at 1350 ELO and then you lost 7 of my games to a ****ING glitch. Now I'm forced to play with children, foreigners, and the mentally handicapped. See: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=810502

TL;DR SoloQueueQ Read before you downvote. Will be bumping this.

Glink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Its not an acronym.

Carados

06-16-2011

No, because it's Elo, not ELO.

And you're missing something: The other team will get bad players on their team JUST AS OFTEN.

Thunderkleize

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post

And you're missing something: The other team will get bad players on their team JUST AS OFTEN.
That is up to chance.

Litral

06-16-2011

As should be obvious to anyone, bad players occur equally likely on your team as on the opponents' team.

If you are better than your elo, then on average, your team is going to win more. You might not win in the first game you play. Maybe not in the second game you play. But over the course of 10, 20, or 50 games, it'll show.

If the 2500 teams up with four 800's and plays with five 800's, the 2500 will get 34/2, acquire dragon four times and steal buff five times while being half asleep. And they only died twice because their death helped ace the enemies twice.

Feelin Tela

06-16-2011

it isnt "ELO", but "Elo"

The answer to your predicaments is that either you get a to be on a nice premade with some good friends, or you just climb your way into a relatively good Elo by duo queueing

IS139bd155f10330c7a8c98

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post

You're kidding right? The ennemy team will always have a perfectly balanced comp just to counter you with your jungle-less Shaco Twitch Trynda Soraka Ashe. They perfectly know how to play and will bring you down to 0/17/0.

Grand Camion

06-16-2011

Here's how it goes:

Normal game players : ELO DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING LOL RANKED GAMES ARE WORST THAN NORMAL GAMES. ITS NUT BECAUSE IM 900 ELO ITS JUST THAT IM TOO GOOD FOR RANKEDS.

Bad/low elo ranked players : ELO DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING LOL SOLO QUEUE ELO DOESNT MEANT ****

High elo ranked players : Well I think I'm pretty good, I got many accounts to high elo and I enjoy playing on a competitive level.

zxlkcf

06-16-2011

ELO means one thing.

You're lucky that you don't get ******s.

Carados

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderkleize View Post
That is up to chance.
If you're as good as you say it is, the chance is very low over time, because you're on your team, meaning 4 possible slots on your team, and 5 on the enemy team.

And it's a self-correcting system, because if you're as good as you think you are, you play worse players, and can make a greater impact.

1234511 ... 22