Twitch Build with Crit Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ambartsumain

04-01-2010

So I was thinking, is it viable to run Twitch (or any other physical dps carry) with Crit Chance runes and a crit chance build (ending with Infinity Edge)? I did the math and the Crit Chance runes for a full crit chance page gives 20% extra crit chance. Plus the brawlers gloves, you start with 30% crit chance. Is this build viable and not a joke, or should I waste my IP on other runes?
I think it's kinda viable, because with avarice blades from farming and the runes, you can get like 50+% crit chance before you start ganking in SR (not gonna even try playing Twitch in TT, too squishy). Then, with the gold from ganking, ~100% crit chance and an Infinity Edge is not far off, and then my auto-attacks would hit for tons of damage, mowing through enemy champs like paper. This thinking is all hypothetical though.
So, forum, any advice?

wildfire393

04-01-2010

Problem is, Armor Penetration gives more average DPS. Even just Marks + Quints of Armor Penetration gives more average damage per attack than a full page of Crit Chance, even when you have the bonus 50% crit damage from Infinity Edge.

The only person I'd suggest Crit Runes on would be Tryndamere, where Crits give you more early game survivability (Bloodlust) and Harassment/Escape (Spinning Slash).

2amInsomniac

04-10-2010

i have played twitch with a crit build. at lvl 1 wif runes and masteries, i hav 24%crit chance. but the time i set up my item build i hit for 900 to over 1k dmg everyhit. this is my current overall stats as twitch with a crit build. and if u wondering what is my item build, it is.
1. Executioners calling
2. boot of movement 9+5)
3. sword of the occult
4. last whisper
5. infinitys edge
6. now depending on who im vsing id get 1 of these: a 2nd infinitys, Black cleaver, banshees veil, its really upto you cause once u get first 5 items your unstoppable

futz

04-10-2010

I play Gangplank and get 26% Crit at the start of the game with brawlers.

2 Armor Pen quints, 1 Crit quint, all crit reds, all crit yellows.

Kelin

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Problem is, Armor Penetration gives more average DPS. Even just Marks + Quints of Armor Penetration gives more average damage per attack than a full page of Crit Chance, even when you have the bonus 50% crit damage from Infinity Edge.

The only person I'd suggest Crit Runes on would be Tryndamere, where Crits give you more early game survivability (Bloodlust) and Harassment/Escape (Spinning Slash).
Bottom line: Armor Pen > Crit Chance

Other point for the OP: Avarice blades are overrated and should not be bought. Even gangplank/tryndamere have more benefits from cloak of agility than avarice.

Don't waste IP on crit chance, please.