I thought Warwick was suppose to be bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnronTheGreat

04-01-2010

TT = gank situation (alllll game). Sorry to tell you bub. And when do you gank someone without others help?

Zombie Irwin

04-01-2010

I thought you couldn't cleanse out of his ult post-buff?

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA Monkey View Post
The discussion was mainly about his ult. It has been whittled down to being good basically only in a gank situation.

that = bad ult

In a team battle, thats a bad ult. Team battles... crazy thing... are important.
I think you're generalizing way too much. Warwick's ult has many viable uses, as do all of his other skills. If you only use his ult to gank, you're bad. It's a great interrupt, gap closer, opener, finisher, etc. With the new lifesteal addition you can even use it as an escape mechanic.

Ahrinoth

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Irwin View Post
I thought you couldn't cleanse out of his ult post-buff?
You can, it's irksome

Zombie Irwin

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrinoth View Post
You can, it's irksome
Seems easy to make a note of who has cleanse.

Thistlemin

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA Monkey View Post
The discussion was mainly about his ult. It has been whittled down to being good basically only in a gank situation.

that = bad ult

In a team battle, thats a bad ult. Team battles... crazy thing... are important.
It can actually be a very effective team fight ultimate. Yeah my K/D/A isn't always carry-ish, but that's not WW's role in tougher matches. If I can pick a ranged carry to lock down and decimate in a team fight through my focused ult I am being a hero for my team even after I get shredded.

The reason why is that WW has this insane habit of scaring the opposing team and acting as an Ult magnet in team fights. If WW has a team full of other folks who are aggressive and initiate he will lockdown the largest DPS threat on the opposing team. You would be surprised how helpful that is. I've had Ryze's curse at me before. I usually aim for Ryze, Annie, Ezreal, Twisted Fate etc. as long as they aren't using Cleanse. I try to wait until one of my teammates initiates the team fight and then I charge in and lockdown the biggest threat.

At that point if my team is any good, our dps obliterates their best carry or disabler, and we're on our way to a team fight victory, with or without me alive and kicking once the dust settles, it hardly matters.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-01-2010

Warwick? Bad?
You must be referring to WarWeak, the pre-buff version of our current Urfwick.
He used to be awful, and then they buffed all his abilities, upped his stats, lowered his cds and mana costs, and increased his damage. Now Warwick does what he wants when he wants how he wants. With gusto.

And on TT he is amazing. It's extremely hard to burst someone down instantly without sacrificing your team for the squishy. So far the only time I've been bursted down as ww on TT is a lvl one gank fest where I was ******ed, and a veigar/annie combo. His blood scent covers a MUCH larger portion of the map, the jungle seems to be more rewarding, and games don't last long enough to give anyone the necessary carrytime to outscale warwick in his golden years (8-14).

Whatev

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlemin View Post
It can actually be a very effective team fight ultimate. Yeah my K/D/A isn't always carry-ish, but that's not WW's role in tougher matches. If I can pick a ranged carry to lock down and decimate in a team fight through my focused ult I am being a hero for my team even after I get shredded.

The reason why is that WW has this insane habit of scaring the opposing team and acting as an Ult magnet in team fights. If WW has a team full of other folks who are aggressive and initiate he will lockdown the largest DPS threat on the opposing team. You would be surprised how helpful that is. I've had Ryze's curse at me before. I usually aim for Ryze, Annie, Ezreal, Twisted Fate etc. as long as they aren't using Cleanse. I try to wait until one of my teammates initiates the team fight and then I charge in and lockdown the biggest threat.

At that point if my team is any good, our dps obliterates their best carry or disabler, and we're on our way to a team fight victory, with or without me alive and kicking once the dust settles, it hardly matters.
This is sort of the point. This is one of the big uses of Ashe's ultimate, too, because typically when you're jockeying for position in the middle part of the game people will be hanging out at standoff range. Landing a big stun/damage move like Warwick's ultimate will cause the standoff to breakdown, almost certainly in the favor of the side who initiated.

DA

04-02-2010

If it didnt have the self stun part, I would completely agree

Thats the only real issue I have with it.

I understand what can be done. That is just rough. If cleanse wasn't a popular summ skill, then it wouldnt be an issue.

Xano74

04-02-2010

I found that Warwick NEEDS an aggressive team to be played well.

I am usually the carry and the one initiating because once I get started attack, I can chase down every single person on the team down.

The only problem my teammates. If I have a lane partner or team that is afraid to attack, I feel useless.

I played a couple of games last night and I had a Sivir and Shaco on the team go 2/7. The Sivir's first item was Ninja Tabi... -_-. This same team was afraid to attack in team fights. It would be 5v5, all of us in the middle, waiting for someone to initiate. I mark an enemy (usually their DPS), and say go and ulti onto them. My team just stands there, watches me die, THEN attacks and precedes to get owned.

Now flash forward to a different game. Nearly everytime I attacked, my team would instantly jump in and assist me. We would destroy the enemy team. Anyone that tried to run, I could easily chase down and finish off.

Warwick is an AMAZING character, but he is really really bad if you don't have a decent team to assist you.