Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I thought Warwick was suppose to be bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnronTheGreat

04-01-2010

Why would a wick ult you if you run cleanse... mabey you are just playing baddies. His ult is good, regardless of cleanse. There are many ults that can be cleansed out of, the skill is knowing when to use it and/or waiting for them to use cleanse before you ult. Controlling neutrals is what he does best, and once you add in a madreds he is doing some sierious damage, along with having a weaker sivir ult as a normal abilitie.

DÓA

04-01-2010

Quote:
EnronTheGreat:
Why would a wick ult you if you run cleanse... mabey you are just playing baddies. His ult is good, regardless of cleanse. There are many ults that can be cleansed out of, the skill is knowing when to use it and/or waiting for them to use cleanse before you ult. Controlling neutrals is what he does best, and once you add in a madreds he is doing some sierious damage, along with having a weaker sivir ult as a normal abilitie.

What exactly is he bringing against me if not his ult? He gonna mark me? Neato.

His ult is terrible. If you get a kill you are playing baddies.

How is it that you are waiting for cleanse to be used before you do it? A teamfight? The one he is worthless in? If so, thats unfortunate.

EnronTheGreat

04-01-2010

Quote:
DOA Monkey:
What exactly is he bringing against me if not his ult? He gonna mark me? Neato.

His ult is terrible. If you get a kill you are playing baddies.

How is it that you are waiting for cleanse to be used before you do it? A teamfight? The one he is worthless in? If so, thats unfortunate.

Says the level 21 summoner with 58 wins and who mains Gragas? lol@ your logic. Examine my profile and compare it to yours.

His ult is a powerful single targetl stun with a damage component and lifesteal. Assuming someone else on your team also has another dangerous CC, you can make them pop thier cleanse IF they are the target you are insistant on atacking (I would just target someone without it personally) While you channel your stun your team helps pwn them, chain CC, etc. All while under +d25% atack speed. Whats not to like?

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-01-2010

Warwick is Bad. Urfwick is God tier.

Thistlemin

04-01-2010

WW + another stunner is a vicious ganking squad. I've run around before in a few matches with Ryze or Annie and it is a mess let me tell you. You leap out from the bushes with WW's Ult, if they cleanse Annie/Ryze then stuns them, = dead ducky unless they also have flash, and even then I can chase them down with Bloodscent usually at that point.

Stuns are so overpowered in this game outside of 5 v 5 fights. The more of them you have on your team, the less likely the opponent team will win. If I were to choose a team design I'd have Wazzabi rolling WW for 2 lane level advantage, Nidalee mid, Annie, Alistar, Ryze.

3 pushers
4 stunners
1 tank
2 AOE destroyers (Alistar + Annie)

And a healthy mix between Magic and Physical damage so opponents couldn't stack armor/mag resist only to shut down dps. With Warwick giving two carries Level Advantage, it makes it rough on your opponents. It's not much fun fighting against Annie when she has her Ult, and you do not. That's almost certainly a kill for WW/Annie in side lane when she hits six if they coordinate.

hvywpnsguy

04-01-2010

Quote:
Xano74:
Countless times on many forums and even ingame, I have heard people whine about how Warwick is one the worst heroes in the game.

He is free this week, so I decided to take him for a spin.

First 5 games, win all 3 of them. 2 on TT and 3 on SR.

Next 2 games are unlucky. Both times we have a quitter. First game was 4v5 and the second game was 3v5.

The first game, unfortunately even though we were only down one player, had no strategy, teamwork, and we had multipler feeders. There was nothing I could do because their Annie could 2 shot anyone on our team.

The second game was 3v5 and even though they had 2 more players, me and Shen could kill 3 of their team on a 2v5 team-battle because our Hiemdinger was useless. We were close to winning that game but 3v5 is just hard near the end.

I believe Warwick is FAR from useless. I have an unusual build with him, but at higher levels it basically makes him unkillable unless 3+ champions are all focusing on him. With the amount of damage I do, they can either run, or die trying to fight.

I plan on buying him when I get the IP, he is one of the most fun and so far for me, better characters I have played.

I thought this was Guides and Strategy Section?

zoau

04-01-2010

warwick has his niche. must fit in team composition OR ELSE!!!

DÓA

04-01-2010

Quote:
EnronTheGreat:
Says the level 21 summoner with 58 wins and who mains Gragas? lol@ your logic. Examine my profile and compare it to yours.

His ult is a powerful single targetl stun with a damage component and lifesteal. Assuming someone else on your team also has another dangerous CC, you can make them pop thier cleanse IF they are the target you are insistant on atacking (I would just target someone without it personally) While you channel your stun your team helps pwn them, chain CC, etc. All while under +d25% atack speed. Whats not to like?

Yah... my summ level refutes the info?

Yah, I main Grag... that matters why?

As a warwick player (assuming), you are making the same issue that Grag faces. Why choose War when you can find others that are much better?

So War is only good in a gank situation? You need more than one person to kill?

Neat.

War is good when he has monster auras falling out of his @ss and has another person with him to help... um, yah, thank god for that. Noone else can fill that role.

Whatev

04-01-2010

Of course? Most champions can escape from most single champions. Jumping someone in 1v1 has always had relatively low kill odds.

DÓA

04-01-2010

The discussion was mainly about his ult. It has been whittled down to being good basically only in a gank situation.

that = bad ult

In a team battle, thats a bad ult. Team battles... crazy thing... are important.