I thought Warwick was suppose to be bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xano74

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

Countless times on many forums and even ingame, I have heard people whine about how Warwick is one the worst heroes in the game.

He is free this week, so I decided to take him for a spin.

First 5 games, win all 3 of them. 2 on TT and 3 on SR.

Next 2 games are unlucky. Both times we have a quitter. First game was 4v5 and the second game was 3v5.

The first game, unfortunately even though we were only down one player, had no strategy, teamwork, and we had multipler feeders. There was nothing I could do because their Annie could 2 shot anyone on our team.

The second game was 3v5 and even though they had 2 more players, me and Shen could kill 3 of their team on a 2v5 team-battle because our Hiemdinger was useless. We were close to winning that game but 3v5 is just hard near the end.

I believe Warwick is FAR from useless. I have an unusual build with him, but at higher levels it basically makes him unkillable unless 3+ champions are all focusing on him. With the amount of damage I do, they can either run, or die trying to fight.

I plan on buying him when I get the IP, he is one of the most fun and so far for me, better characters I have played.

Zombie Irwin

04-01-2010

Warwick gets a lot of flack because prebuff he did not synergize well with the team. He also puts a lot of pressure on the person who has to solo a side lane. A good warwick is extremely dangerous, especially in the lvl 6-12 range. Later on he takes a big hit when people get some armor but hes still effective.

Vijaya

04-01-2010

Summoners win games, not champions

EasymodeX

04-01-2010

Warwick's still slightly weak.

Most players that try to jungle on Warwick do not competently control neutrals and randomly gank.

Then, in teamfights, he is still generally marginalized.

But he's not completely terribad.

GuyGin

04-01-2010

WW is much better on TT. He's also good on SR when the enemy team is not organizing and rolling in groups of 5...

At lower ELO he can run games. At higher Elo where there is more focus on straight up 5/5 fights, he just doesn't have enough impact.

He REALLY shines on TT though.

Eppa

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGin View Post

At lower ELO he can run games. At higher Elo where there is more focus on straight up 5/5 fights, he just doesn't have enough impact.
From what i've seen in high ELO warwick is great on SR. Not top tier but he is good.
1. Best jungler in the game. Jungle control is so important on SR
2. Ulti creates pressure on the carry.
3. Map wide attack speed ability
4. Kills Baron super fast
5. Strong early game.

He isn't a hard carry but more of a utility soft carry

GuyGin

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
From what i've seen in high ELO warwick is great on SR. Not top tier but he is good.
1. Best jungler in the game. Jungle control is so important on SR
2. Ulti creates pressure on the carry.
3. Map wide attack speed ability
4. Kills Baron super fast
5. Strong early game.

He isn't a hard carry but more of a utility soft carry
Yeah he's not terrible, but he can literally carry the team in lower level games. It's much harder to do in mid to high elo because people have better map awareness and generally focus more on teamfights.

So yeah he can stay useful for sure but takes more skill to play and is not so much carrying the team.

Vindico Atrum

04-01-2010

Self Stun in teamfights = useless agaisnt anyone above noob island. Good ganker, but so are half the other champions.

Calexisana

04-01-2010

Don't forget that his ult stuns him for as long as the person he's ulting
Merc treads are almost always used at high lvls which makes his ult less effective
He's truly a melee champ and doesn't have much in the way to help him escape or defend oncoming hits

Still, sure he's viable, it's like Eve where if one person has oracles she's useless. Ask yourself this though: Given the option of Siv Jax Fiddle Alistar Corki Taric Annie Morgana, who are you going to sub out for WW? What does WW bring that makes a team better than all these other champs? It's a matter of competitive advantage, not absolute advantage.

DA

04-01-2010

Exactly what obsession said.

Also, cleanse makes his ult completely worthless against you. You get to take a step away and dump on him while he flails his arms.