What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caliwayz

03-31-2010

Flash simply has too many applications when compared to the other summoner skills.

One could argue that Ghost is similar in that it can be used to chase or escape, however at no point in ghost can you dodge a projectile or instantly teleport across impassable terrain.

Flash makes it so that people can tower dive at level 2 to finish an enemy (granted THEY don't have flash as well) who is tower hugging without getting a scratch.

Z00M3RR

03-31-2010

This game isn't any better than HoN if they keep copieing mechanics from dota every time they run into a problem.

CruciferZ

03-31-2010

Here's a better question Zileas should be asking:

What champions get hurt from Flash being removed:

Make a List.

Put the list here...let us weigh in.

Then lets discuss how to fix the champions...and not worry about giving everyone an "escape" mechanism for being dumb.

Detha

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord GiantR View Post
I think that flash should be remade, given a low cd no range and it should just break projectiles, the mastery should make you glash again after a second. 60 second cooldowns seems plausable.
The entire problem with Flash is that it is a skill meant for initiating that is used as an escape. This is does not solve any of the problems, but rather removes the initiating aspect and the escaping aspect and make the skill useless except for pestering Veigar and ruining his ultimate. Way to miss the point.

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-31-2010

you could try:

-increase range of flash
-cannot use within 5 seconds of taking damage

(like the forums suggested about a million times)

just a thought.

2 Vaynez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-31-2010

I've read only the first page, but I remember reading this suggestion some where. Make it so if you're out of combat you flash instantly, and if you're in combat there's 1-2 second channeling (that can be interrupted with a stun) then it flashes you. This would be with the old cd 3 min cd and old range, but would definitely help making it still be used as a spell dodge/initiator and not so much a get out of fail free card.

Ligr

03-31-2010

I would say follow the iconical game here: dota. Add the dagger, get rid of the flash. I have always had negative feelings toward flash, as for me it always felt like a cheating card. At the beginning, I could not grasp that lol actually had this mechanic. I remember thinking to myself:" what if dota heroes had this spell. Oh that would be totally imba!!"

Long talk short, I kind of got used to having to kill heroes "twice". Especially early game it is very obvious: you setup a perfect gank, and the enemy escapes only due to flash. Now I just calculate with people having flash and I try to act accordingly. It is annoying when used as an escape tool, but it is useful when used to "pinpoint" certain skillshots - fiddlesticks ultimate, Ali combo, Ryze prison, etc. I don't mind it being used for the latter. But for simple escape, I hate it.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
So yea like blink dagger, but keep it a summoner spell.

Easy solution I think.
This.

Making it an item is a bad solution, it's a must buy for those characters that need it(sup alistar) and eats into there gold.
These sort of support/utility clickies are what summoner spells is for, and making items like this blurs the line between them. Strong distinctions between resources is good design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
1) Replace it with an item like DotA blink dagger, except with LoL flash functionality. Would be ~ 90 second cooldown, pretty expensive, not with many or any stats, etc.

2) Add a new summoner spell, "Summoner Dash" which for 3 seconds makes you immune to slows and increases your speed by 30-50%. We feel this may be necessary for some characters that depend on flash especially strongly to initiate, while still not being a 'get out of fail' card.

3) Modify cleanse to be 65% cc reduction after you use it for one second longer than currently. Late game cc stacking will likely be too powerful without something like this to counter heavy CC teams.

4) Remove the team heal aspect of heal, and make it significantly better for self healing.
1) Yeah i said my piece on that.
2) Isn't this just ghost 2 "This time your immune to slows".?
3) I'm cool with a cleanse buff.
4) Ummmm i'd rather not. Maybe add separate "Self Heal" and "Team Heal" spells?

Talamare

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
The entire problem with Flash is that it is a skill meant for initiating that is used as an escape. This is does not solve any of the problems, but rather removes the initiating aspect and the escaping aspect and make the skill useless except for pestering Veigar and ruining his ultimate. Way to miss the point.
The only way to make it "initiating" only is to make it need to target an enemy hero

if not it will almost always will be used for escaping

ElJiggles

03-31-2010

Some changes or outright removal of flash is fine with me. Just don't turn it into an initiation-only skill.