What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordained

03-31-2010

I would say give it a revamp in the blink dagger works personally. I wouldn't mind it so much if people couldn't flash 3~5 seconds after being with any harmful effect or doing an action that has an aggressive tone to it.

Because I am personally frustrated with people flashing out of my soul shackle as Morgana or having my headbutt as Alistar redirected because they flash while I use it. Which I actually found odd it seems to be the only spell I have encountered that doesn't pop during flash.

Personally I find the initiation use of flash is far to valuable on certain heroes to completely scrap the ability completely. I couldn't imagine Alistar without it, maybe I've grown to use it as a crutch a bit to much, but I find it key.

Trolltran

03-31-2010

Why not just keep flash but change it so that it can't be used after taking damage for say 3 seconds or so. This way it can still be used for initiation but not for escape. Seems like the simplest solution to me.

MovementcatUS

03-31-2010

Yea Flash is nice everybody who crys about can use it too...there is no advantage for other players.

And Please Set Cooldown on 200 Seconds.

Lg Move

Stakenshake

03-31-2010

if you nerf flash more it makes current champs that can move over walls even harder to kill. Shen, Corki, gragas, ezreal, etc.

criptix

03-31-2010

imho it would be cool if we get a blink dagger + old flash ( without popping incoming projectiles) with like ~450 range +-25

i actually dont really understand the problem with flash... if u see that ur opponent has flash, u just need to play a bit more cautious to get the killing blow. :8

the dagger is for the whiners who are qq'ing about that flash is a must have summoner-spell.

last but not least, l2p whiners :P

just my 2 cents

Detha

03-31-2010

Perhaps you could change Flash to, instead of instantly teleporting, dashing to the location in 0.2~ seconds (think Shen's taunt) and make slows reduce the total distance traveled (by the % of the slow, much like Tryndamere's Spinning Slash), however, make it collide with solid objects (tree's, cliffs) and remove its projectile remove. In return, you could increase its range back to 550~600 or so and revert its cooldown to 3 minutes. This way it will still serve as an instant teleport that can be used to initiate even better than before, and it can still be used to escape, but it will simply be less effective at escaping as you can no longer go through cliffs and the range will be reduced by slows. Just my 2 cents.

Aurinax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Still think a fine fix would be to make it unuseable within 2 seconds of taking damage.

pre-emptive use takes skill. the current usage doesnt.

Taenshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

I like summoner dash but I think you would have to rethink ghost a bit or at the very least make these two not stack sincethat would end up in some very insane burst movement speed for heroes like singed who rely heavily on such things.

That or just give us the blink dagger, either way I think flash needs to go as it has a negative impact on this game and makes heroes like Kassadin far less viable since your own personal built in flash is negated 90% of the time by a summoner spell.

RoccoSacco

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Nothing is wrong with Flash. People ***** and moan because they fail to gank or kill someone with Flash. So they got away, oh no. Either do better, or learn to trap them properly. People just complain for the sake of fitting in. They complain about it because they see other people complaining about it. There is nothing wrong with a move that can be used both offensively and defensively depending on your situation. And don't even try to pull that "it rewards people for being bad" ****. It doesn't, it punishes you for not being good enough to kill them, but you're so full of yourselves that you can't accept that.
Wish I could give this more than just a +1

Be Calm Carry On

03-31-2010

I do believe that Flash harms what is essentially a game of careful positioning. Being able to instantly be out of reach makes it dominant; being able to jump ahead offensively is just a bonus. I favor option #2, as it seems like you're really looking to skew that skill in favor of initiation rather than lolol escape.