What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brislove

10-25-2010

I honestly believe that flash should be left in, and changed to not remove projectiles targeting the champion. the biggest issue with it currently is canceling moving projectile attacks.

I don't have a problem with the removal of flash either, but dodging projectiles is THE major issue in my opinion.

VCJunky

10-25-2010

I voted nothing. Summoner Dash is a bad idea, especially if it only blocked slows like Yi already does. It would need to block any kind of disable. That's the whole point of Flash in the first place, to completely avoid disables by instantly jumping out of range, or behind objects for cover. If you use this new Dash and you get stunned, you're dead anyway. The extra movement speed won't help you.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

In my opinion, it's fine as it is. If people complain about flash users getting away just because of flash, I have news for you: Ignite him. He'll take dot even if he flashed and, for god sakes, be aware that the opponent can flash away any second, you just need to THINK before you go wasting your mana and spells on it.

Samus Aran

10-25-2010

Keep flash, get rid of the ridiculously ******ed popping mechanic and it's fine.

Metryn

10-25-2010

I would HATE to see flash go away.

I play fiddlesticks a lot and you flash is almost always a must have. If the fight moves away from you OR you will appear just on the other side of the wall....Flash is what puts you into the fight.

Sure, I don't like it when some guy manages to get away by flash, but using flash gets me more kills than I lose.

Chavez Obama

10-25-2010

I personally enjoy flash for offense and would really like to keep it for that purpose. Flash can definitely be abused for defensive purposes. But sometimes, flash allows one to push a little more aggressively than otherwise, which is something else that many people may enjoy.

Ideas (many of these have been posted):
1). Make it necessary to target an enemy champion to cast, or cast to within a certain radius of them.
2). Don't "pop" projectiles on cast
3). No going over walls
4). If you do not attack an enemy champion within (x) (2?) seconds, you will be stunned/slowed for (3) ? seconds.

Misericord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

port key imo.

Kipster

10-25-2010

I expected a little more professionalism from a design director. This is in no way an objective post. You continually use the phrase "get out of fail". Are you trying to shame flash users in to silence for the poll so you can have your way?

I'm sure you understand that some people actually use this as part of their strategy, rather than just bailing themselves out with it. It's just like any summoner spell. You remember who has what and plan for that ability to be used.

Retrovertigo

10-25-2010

I like all of the changes aside from the dash.... I think thats going to make ganking certain characters even easier. Imagine you're playing Ashe at mid, you have both sides warded and you see a jungle bear coming up on you. Not only does he always run faster and can dash to avoid your slows (which he can probably still outrun you with at this point,) so he will catch you and you will die. Makes ganking characters like Ashe more of a certainty than an attempt. The only other option is to sit at your turret and be worthless the whole laning phase because they have a jungler.

MathMage

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Flash is very controversial. Some of you love it, some of you just use it because you have to, and some of you hate it. My feeling is that it gives everyone a 'get out of fail' card that reduces skill differentiation in the game, and makes good play rewarded less, and bad play punished less. To some extent, this is beneficial because you get less ROFLstomped, but overall, I think it mostly hurts the game. We've done a bunch of playtests internally without flash, and fights feel a lot more dynamic, and your bloodlust gets sated a lot more.
Half the summoner abilities in the game can be used as 'get out of fail' cards. Flash is only more effective than the others with intelligent gameplay--in which case, being ROFLstomped is not the issue. It opens up possibilities to a strong player that could not be considered without the available escape. It encourages dynamic gameplay--which is about more than teamfights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
The only downsides are that some characters have difficulty with chain snaring in team fights, especially melee characters that lack strong mobility.
CC is strong enough already. Melee characters are weak enough already.