What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperGinger

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark Ohiya View Post
I for one play differently when i have flash.

Its not that people have bad positioning or are bad players. its that they KNOW they have flash and because of it they are NOT in a bad position. when you try and gank someone and they flash over a wall to safety. they did not "get out of jail free" they where moving around the map as they knew they could and when you tried to get them they used the skill that would counter that.

Its not bad gameplay its playing with the mechanics given to you.
pretty much this exactly. if you fail to kill someone because they used flash, you are projecting that they are a bad player because you perceived them to be out of position but they knew they actually never were out of position. perhaps they were baiting you, maybe they were just being more aggressive than normal, but counting on the abilities you have does not make you a bad player.

it takes skill to use flash. better players use flash more effectively. it rewards high skill not punishes it. i think the game will become boring without it. also its removal has far reaching effects for a lot of champions some of which will literally serve no purpose without a gap closing initiation move. it will move those champions that do have that move naturally even further into a requirement on a team, so instead of requiring certain champions take flash to be effective you are requiring that you pick certain champions.

the point of summoner spells is to either mitigate a champion's weakness or add to his strength. every champion was balanced with all of the summoner spells in mind.

AlexNaomi

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Beacuse its already really good, and nerfing team healing is something thats also on our agenda.
Does anyone else find this comment hilarious? Who actually thinks heal is really good? Especially for team healing. All it does is give your team like 300 hp back at level 18. Who can't get rid of 300 hp at level 18 in a second?

fredyybob

10-24-2010

i was thinking make it more of a blink boots, just so it doesn't completely take up an item slot without doing anything else, the biggest problem with this change would be alistar, (galio to some extent but he can farm somewhat better) you would have to buff him (i know there is already a rework in the works) so if you released them at the same time it might work out

Rahuruk

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayL View Post
Does anyone else find this comment hilarious? Who actually thinks heal is really good? Especially for team healing. All it does is give your team like 300 hp back at level 18. Who can't get rid of 300 hp at level 18 in a second?
That's a bad example, a better example would be a teammate barely getting away to his tower at 60 hp, and has a time bomb on him, you then use heal.

Honestly I think that's a good thing you're able to do. I never use the spell cause I'm too busy using ignite/flash/ghost, but that's a really good way to use heal and it's how it should be used.

Khazik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I personally feel that flash shouldn't be touched. However, the cleanse buffs look nice too.

Nerrisa

10-24-2010

There are some REALLY squishy heroes that need flash to get away from melee that quite a bit of damage when they get on you, especially fed melee heroes. Almost every melee character has a way to close the gap to range and those abilities have very short cooldowns. If they make a mistake, they can just wait for the CD to come back up most of the time with very little penalty.

What about all the melee that get exhaust for the slow. If they fail to get you the first time, they now have a free snare to get back on you. All the summoner spells are fine. Even as a new player, I have NEVER felt any of them was overpowered because I know they are on long cooldowns. If anything, I have failed at getting kills due to HEAL and GHOST far more often then flash.

Also, flash can be used quite offensively to score kills. However, this is a double edged sword since you may not have it up when you need it. I have never seen anyone really complain that hard about flash since it usually countered by good tactics. When playing Tristana, I used my rocket jump to try to escape a gank. I got attacked from 2 sides but the place I jumped to (the only safe place I could see) had another person from the opposing team waiting.

When multiple people set up a gank, it is possible to plan for flash. Even when I solo gank, I assume flash and position myself so they cannot flash back to a tower or other "safe" spot.

As they say on the internet, L2P. Flash is fine.

Pelter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

That new cleanse would make it a much more viable choice other than an anti-blind skill. It could also possibly ruin the AoE meta, which is a good thing of course.

Rebonack

10-24-2010

I for one would love to see Ignite's healing debuff replaced with Summoner Spell suppression for its duration. Flash is useful, yes. But the biggest issue with it is that the only readily available counter to it is buying Flash yourself and using it offensively. After all, not every champ has a stun or a silence to lock a target down with.

By giving Ignite Suppression suddenly there's a readily available counter to the various escape spells. Just make sure to tag your target with Ignite right off the bat and now you don't have to worry about them Flash/Ghosting away for the next five seconds.

As an added bonus champs like Mundo and Swain get an indirect buff.

Blink18260

10-24-2010

I may just be one dude, but I like flash the way it is. It's a summoner spell that lets you jump walls, and I think thats just fine for a summoner spell. It's also one of the few spells that still has use late game, unlike heal, which just gets way to small late game on anyone who isn't extremely squishy.

Mikhal

10-24-2010

I'm quite sad that more than double the forum posters hate flash that much. Do they not realize the opness of flash boots with 2 more summon skills (Defensively selected)?

That's 1 "get out of jail card" with 1 "get out of cc" and 1 "get out of slow" card. Have fun killing someone now. That's what people are complaining about right? There is skill in using flash correctly, no matter how much people QQ about it. Use it to dodge a stun, yeah you have to predict it or have the reflexes to dodge the projectile. Flash is FINE. Adding in all these new things to compensate will only make the game more boring and longer - I thought we stray away from long and boring games? Sure you get flash boots over threads - Oh look here, I have cleanse which is 200% better than threads anyways! And now you have an extra flash. It's horrible and would ruin the current game, considering tanks would have to farm it with their limited budget to initiate better as well.

I'm not going to make a difference by saying anything, but please people, think for yourselves instead of jumping down the bandwagon and look at the consequences.