What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

binch

10-24-2010

So many posts. I hope you at least see this one.

Forcing flash to target an enemy champion will keep its offensive usage and remove its "I have poor judgement and overextended" usage, unless you're planning on using it as a juke.

I main Rammus and use Flash to turn Powerball into a Malphite ult (a multi-target initiation). Any movement speed increase on Rammus is redundant - he NEEDS the ability to land on top of multiple targets in order to initiate. If I rolled in to initiate with Summoner Dash, I will merely hit the first Champion I roll into - MAYBE two champions. I feel that, like Alistair, Rammus needs this to stay competitive and maintain his role as an initiator.

At least consider Rammus when you're thinking about remaking Flash. I can live with Flash Boots, to be honest, but I'm not sure if Alistair can farm that up as well as Rammus.

Daesik

10-24-2010

Why does the CD have to be so long on the Dagger-style item?

Chobimo

10-24-2010

My only beef is the ability to dodge point-and-click targeted spells and tower shots with it.

Deadlytorch

10-24-2010

2) Add a new summoner spell, "Summoner Dash" which for 3 seconds makes you immune to slows and increases your speed by 30-50%. We feel this may be necessary for some characters that depend on flash especially strongly to initiate, while still not being a 'get out of fail' card.

Let's have this one!

Lark Ohiya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I for one play differently when i have flash.

Its not that people have bad positioning or are bad players. its that they KNOW they have flash and because of it they are NOT in a bad position. when you try and gank someone and they flash over a wall to safety. they did not "get out of jail free" they where moving around the map as they knew they could and when you tried to get them they used the skill that would counter that.

Its not bad gameplay its playing with the mechanics given to you.

Luvs Sponges

10-24-2010

Because then characters with skill blinks will dominate

Rahuruk

10-24-2010

Not really a fan of adding an item in the game to replace flash, I like the summoner dash idea a lot.

I use flash on a daily basis to "get out of jail free" if I'm caught in the river or a team battle is lost, move over to the dragon/baron and flash up the cliff, works every time without fail so far. I would like it if moves like that were impossible to do. (for characters without blink as a spell, I don't care if Ezreal or Tryn can do that stuff cause it's actually part of their spells.)

Especially since when my team is on bottom, I can farm dragon early, and as often as it comes up without a worry, I mean what's the worst that can happen? Someone comes in and tries to stop me? I'll just flash up the cliff back toward my base and alert my team of the enemy in the river by dragon.

Azriel

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakenshake View Post
if you nerf flash more it makes current champs that can move over walls even harder to kill. Shen, Corki, gragas, ezreal, etc.
This. And chars with built in flashes like kat will much harder to get at.

The only issue I ever encountered with Flash was when it popped projectiles. Removing that aspect makes it just fine for me.

Also, I do not think that flash is overly used as a "get out of fail" card. However, people are FAR more gutsy when they have it up because they know they can get to a safe location in a jiffy if needed.

The added gusto gets them out a little further in a lane and perhaps thats what gives the appearance of them being in the "wrong spot" so you go to gank and...surprise surprise they flash when you come in for them (or not so surprising since you can SEE the other teams spells and know who has it and communicate with mates if it is likely to be up).

To the ganking team it might seem they got hosed since the target "just flashed away" but the oppurtunity probably wouldnt have even been there had the flash not been up to begin with. And they were able escape so "easily" because they were already anticipating the exit if trouble came in and watching like a hawk for it to happen.

Nickodia

10-24-2010

Hmmm. maybe something quite similar to shens shadow dash?

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I'm not a fan of making this into a farm blink dagger first game... doesn't that -extend- the game longer? Since now they'll have ghost/cleanse or cleanse/new skill + Blink? That makes everything that much more defensive.

Not to mention that tanks are going to have to farm even more (with their weak farming abilities) for a blink dagger if they want stronger initiation. We're doing worse by removing flash. It's a summon skill we pick over other abilities.