What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolyChalice

10-24-2010

#2.. You have no idea how frusterating it is to be a melee champion and have a ranged champion flash away and kite you more just to kill you then.

Greas3

10-24-2010

I am 100% for the idea of a blink dagger. Make it the same price as a quicksilver sash, give it a 90 second cooldown and some magic resist cause you are most likely using it on people who are either initiating or have trouble with being the focus target.

I also don't think that flash should dodge projectiles, that is super OP and effects some champions more than others.

Not to sound super harsh but summoner dash sounds like a really horrible idea, please don't go through with that. Last note, with flash being removed, you won't need to buff cleanse to make it an attractive choice. If the whole point of removing flash is to make ganks more possible etc.. then it would seem that buffing cleanse is kind of counter intuitive, when it already does it's job great.

Eliroo

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greas3 View Post

I also don't think that flash should dodge projectiles, that is super OP and effects some champions more than others.
But yet we still let Vlad roam freely around?

TheAngel Lucifer

10-24-2010

These ideas are bad. You're taking the spell away, then buffing other summoner spells ridiculously to compensate, and going to add an item that gives flash?

So when some people take dash, cleanse, and get the item to become completely unkillable, guess what will happen? The same people who whined until flash was gone will whine about this.

Just keep flash instead of removing it and then trying to put it back in other ways.

tookietock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

removing flash will **** over characters like anivia with no escape mechanisms it needs to be changed to benefit casters/squishys more and tank/dps less

Quiet Dreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

i vote for you guys to add promote back!

TwistedPain

10-24-2010

My 3 ideas.

1) Flash should be left in the game, have it's CD lowered by some amount, also make it so after you've taken damage that you cannot use it for 3 seconds.

2) Remove flash, introduce DOTA flash dagger, put in summoner dash: "100% increased speed for 3 seconds." Summoner Dash in talent tree could make it so that it also makes the user immune to CC for 1.5 seconds.

3) Leave flash in the game but make it so that flash no longer can avoid projectiles.

Edit: As a note if Flash is removed from the game, characters with built in flashes would need to be revisited - most likely an increase in their CD.

Zachk

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Flash is very controversial. Some of you love it, some of you just use it because you have to, and some of you hate it. My feeling is that it gives everyone a 'get out of fail' card that reduces skill differentiation in the game,
Quote:
'get out of fail' card that reduces skill differentiation in the game,
Quote:
vlad's sanguine pool
If your gunna remove flash, remove this for the love of god. Or change it in some way that doesn't give you a "get out of fail" card.

Leon27607

10-24-2010

I personally wouldn't mind flash if it wouldn't pop projectiles. Because then it's just like any other blink spell that a champion has, Kassadin's Riftwalk, shaco's deceive, Ezreal's arcane shift, to name a few. Not to mention flash has a VERY high CD compared to these 3 skills. People say that people get flash because they put themselves in bad positions. Well what if the enemy team had a jungler and even if you put a ward down, in the 2v1 lane, you want to sit in the bush during the whole laning phase? The 2v1 lane should be pushing the tower the hardest. However, even with a ward if you're attacking the tower, you won't be able to run away from a gank even if you see it coming. This is when flash is a lifesaver, not to mention it's not like someone can flash very often.

Without flash I see the metagame even more shifting towards tanky, beefy champions. Squishy champs will no longer be desirable because they have no escape spell and once they get pounced on, they're basically dead.

Mitosis

10-24-2010

Flash is fine. Initiating and escaping are what it's supposed to do, and it does both of them perfectly well. I see no reason to change this.

Adding a blink dagger is going to screw over alot of people. People are going to rush it, and all it will do is delay someones build a few minutes. Then we'll be stuck with seeing characters who effectively have three summoners spells.

If you realy feel the need to replace it with a dash, I guess we'll adapt (assuming it's good enough of a move burst to initiate), but please don't remove an ability because you think it makes things less fun, then add it back in.