What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliroo

10-24-2010

I vote that we get rid of all the DoTA elitist on the server who don't think flash should be a summoner skill.
It has been apart of this game since I started playing and since other people started playing. I'm pretty sure if you change it riot you will lose alot of people(Not saying I will go) but some people see this as a giant "BS" flag. and no it doesn't make a noob look pro. Because to use Flash Effectively you kinda of have to be pro.

Oh and for the example of someone over extending you guys ever think or boxing them in? or Applying CC they can't flash out of that. I'm tired of seeing these people QQ about flash just because they didn't get a kill because of it when they probably have dodged several skills because of it. Flash is a perfect part of the summoner skill mobility set. And if you add it as an item then you will have people ghost flash, teleport and that is just incredibly smart .

Riot, "DoTA Pros", "LoL Pros", dont you guys see that this is what makes it LoL stop trying to make more like DoTA, sure it is based off of it but it is still LoL and let's keep it the way it is.

Zileas there are a lot more serious balance problems that need to be addressed then this one.

MookieNJ

10-24-2010

Flash is annoying when you feel like you have a sure kill, but no more so than someone who cleanses a huge stun/snare or someone carrying summoner heal and gets away ...

I'd be interested to see if simply making it so players cannot carry both Flash and Ghost would have a desired effect without having to remove a spell from the game.

evilpenguin2

10-24-2010

i think the summoner dash would work better, flash is mostly annoying because ANY champion can flash past terrain walls and escape. its fine when champions made to do that can, but after spening 20 seconds and most of your cd's with a 3 man gank only to have a garen get to the wall and flash past nearly dead is just lame,

OMGWTFHAPPEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2010

just get rid of all summoner spell then, if bloodlust is what you are looking for.

keep revive, couse you can kill them twice to satisfy your bloodlust

geegeez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

keep flash and the problem is gone

Mylon

10-24-2010

Increase the CD on Flash. It's usable nearly as often as Exhaust or Ignite. And early game the demand for Flash is about the same as the demand for ghost, so even early game the CD is comparable.

Ansre

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin2 View Post
but after spening 20 seconds and most of your cd's with a 3 man gank only to have a garen get to the wall and flash past nearly dead is just lame,
There are bigger problems here than Flash.

Sammy Pajamy

10-24-2010

I believe if anything, the Summoner Dash concept would be best. My only real worry with all the flash talk is having to deal with summoners that will instead of having Flash+Ghost(and being able to overextend without sight and not get punished), now have Ghost+Cleanse AND Flash from an item. This will be bad. Even if its not usable after being hit.

Summoner Dash seems like it could be balanced and champions who need a built in flash could get them on a case by case basis(like ezreal/kass) depending on their skillset.

Llamafarmer

10-24-2010

i just played a game using flash and ghost on heimer. if i got to cocky and the enemy team came to gank me... i escaped twice and died 3 times. why? Because they didnt all waste their stuns at once. taric runs up and stuns me.. then annie is bursting her load on me stunning me as she goes then sion stuns me. with merc treads and flash and ghost i was stunlocked for a full 3-4seconds which was plenty enough time for me to be ganked. maybe if i had run cleanse flash i woulda got away.
But yeah i played bad and i died. the 2 times i managed to get away was because although i had pushed to far i saw them coming with wards and started moving early. otherwise im sure i would have died again.
Sure maybe if i was super tank garen of escape mode then i would have gotten away... but i wouldn't blame flash for that.. more blame it being garen.

Hans Vermhatt

10-24-2010

Skill-rewarding spell in League of Legends? Why would you want something like that?