What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

10-24-2010

I still want flash gone :/

rasblackfire

10-24-2010

now it;s flash.. but realy if u remove it or something they will just complain about an other spell =_= i know the people here... just like champs, nerf them and they will find something else to QQ about...
so next is remove ghost? becouse they cant catch u becouse of that, very anoying too? or or ignite, its just not fair to have an extra dmg skill!? realy, people should just stop QQ about everything, just enjoy the **** game

fuferman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

why do you guys always have to change stuff that isn't a problem instead of fixing the problems? you clearly want flash in the game by suggesting the boots so why not leave it where it is? if you add the boots that have a lower cd and a buffed cleanse or that dash thing then the combo will be flash boots cleanse and dash which will just be a bigger get out of fail free card....
WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?

summoner spells is what sets lol apart from HON/DoTA why is riot changing things to be more like them? if u want to be like HON/DoTA then give us an automatic anti-leaver system and stable servers and replays. those are the things that HON/DoTA has that lol needs not flash boots.

Lowlypeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2010

I like the idea of an item for replacement, or the improved cleanse. I don't like the "dash" idea, and I don't like the train of thought implying that a character relies so much on a summoner spell that removing it would ruin the hero. Obviously some characters synergise better with certain summoner spells, but if you say a hero is not effective without flash, then the hero is poorly designed. The summoner spells should only provide alternate playstyles or techniques, not make or break heroes. Heal can already be pretty infuriating in some situations as-is, I would fear such a change unbalancing tanks.

Duelpower

10-24-2010

I voted for get rid of it, but I suppose if people must have it, put it on an item..

Please do not adjust team heal, or adjust cleanse (unless you are making it remove exhaust *hint hint*).

edit: You could put in a tornado summoner spell where the character does a quick (super short/quick and while moving) tryn style spin, that pushes enemies away and slows them for 1 second, that should be sufficient.

Mylon

10-24-2010

Increase the CD on flash. With the utility tree mastery tree, which EVERYONE uses, Flash is on a 191 second cooldown. A little over three minutes. Compare to Exhaust which is 179, a nearly negligible difference with significantly less value as it's less reliable at serving it's job than Flash is at serving it's own job. Or compare to Ignite which is on a 153 second cooldown. Ignite is even more limited in what it can do compared to Exhaust.

With the proposed changed to Cleanse it'll be the get out of jail free card similar to just before season 1. I wouldn't mind seeing a buff in some form, but CC needs to be dealt with more holistically. In particular, I strongly suggest you improve Merc treads. If, hypothetically, merc treads reduced CC durations by 90% then teams would not be loaded down with CC-focused champs and merc treads would not be required, despite being incredibly powerful. CC focused teams are popular because they are difficult to counter, but if you buff cleanse too much it'll negate the CC of any champ and even individual champs on a team not focused around CC will be useless.

So to sum it up: Buff merc treads.

Brassherald

10-24-2010

Well, if Flash were an expensive item, that would be nice. Flash itself is annoying since using it makes alot of things not hit either, I mean, there should not be a summoner skill that lets you avoid a Sion/Taric stun or a Panth spear, etc. They are not skillshots, and if they spend the mana and the CD, the effect should go through unless the other summoner has spent a significant amount to counter them (banshee's veil, for example)

Cleanse change would be nice, but I don't understand that fully, maybe I just need more coffee. Heal seems to be better this way, dual heal lanes are just a pain right now and this would definitely remove some of the annoyance from it.

The summoner dash sounds so much better since it will do everything needed from flash, just not totally avoid non-skillshots and it won't be a total, oops, I messed up, let me one button fix this.

Unhandled

10-24-2010

I don't understand where this hatred of Flash comes from. It can be used to let players jump walls and get into fights easier. Yes, it can also be used to get away, but that's like saying heavy CC teams have it really hard in this game when they do not. Anticipate for the Flash.

All the same "it rewards bad players" arguments could be used about Exhaust too, since players often use that to get away from melee DPS as well.

I'd be really interested in seeing how your internal testing turned out so well. It would seem to me that some champs like Pantheon, WW, etc. are going to suck without Flash.

TL Frolo

10-24-2010

make the blink dagger into boots imo

LameLikeMike

Adjudicator

10-24-2010

put it on an item and make it more worth while. if you put it on an item as is it will never be worth paying for on top of sacrificing a item slot.

some buffs i would consider

-increase the range slightly( it should at least be better than champs built in blinks since it will be on longer cd)
-add some health or health Regen, letting it build out of a useful low teir item will make it feel less wasteful
-perhaps a small boost to AP and AD directly after to encourage using it for initiation rather than escape.

also along with buffs, I would hope you'd add a mechanic similar to Dota's so that you can't use it directly after taking damage.