What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RE Bantos

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
- Add Summoner Dash +35% speed + immune to slowing effects for 3 sec.
Oh, so a second Ghost that's completely worthless?

How about no.

If it's going to be remade into a Ghost-like spell, the speed burst needs to be VERY high, like 50%.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

flash is an important part of my kog and nid play. I use that and ghost to have a surprise factor and attempt to get a kill. Yes i do use it to escape but it only works half the time. Other times im stunned and cant use it or i use it when i could have ran away and waste it. So for my gameplay i use it to get the kills primarily. So i say dont remove it.

Cofi023

10-24-2010

Imagine Ghost and Summoner Dash no one would be able to catch u going through minions and resistant to cc, wouldnt that be worst than Flash + Ghost?

Ansre

10-24-2010

I voted for something else.

You should remove Ghost.

Cesog

10-24-2010

poppy?

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

I find flash most fun using it to dodge skills midair.

What if you simply made flash into a dodge move?

When you activate it you dodge about a melee attack distance away in the direction of your pointer.

If timed right, this can dodge things just like flash can now.

Additionally it grants 10% movement speed for 5 seconds afterwards.

I was thinking dodge chance, but that would just make kids rage harder.

r431

10-24-2010

Remove flash, introduce the item, do not add summoner spell Dash. I don't care about the rest.

Llamafarmer

10-24-2010

If you know somebody is running flash then your team shouldn't have any problem anticipating how they will react to a gank and plan accordingly.
When somebody uses flash to get out of a gank i don't rage. I say Yay made that newb use up his flash just by running at him or by using my few abilities which will be off cooldown shortly. Now we have an advantage.
seriously. I had a ryze/swain combo in my lane avoid dying from both using flash at lvl 1. Did i rage? no. i laughed as me and kassadin denied them their xp because they were to scared to venture out without it. Hit lvl 4 while they were still level 1 hugging their tower and stomped them. who cares if they didnt die that first time. we ate them after that.
Flash can be frustrating but the only thing about it that is annoying and that i think should be changed is when it dodges a projectile. Flashing to avoid tarics stun etc etc is just sooooo lame. it should be for manoeuvrability or that last ditch effort to save yourself when you have made a stupid mistake. Its got a long ass cooldown and the range aint all that big anymore only just enough to get through a wall if you stood right by the side.
To me at least it really isn't the get out of jail free card everybody sees it as.
Change the dodging of projectiles that it gives and it'll be fine.

Also summoner dash sounds like a terrible spell. Who cares about being immune to slows? It's snares and stuns that stop people.

Murdera

10-24-2010

Mundo dont like when they flash cleavers.

I agree with the argument flash is a good out of fail.Many times purposely backdoor with shaco overextending like non before just because i have flash.But i like flash/pulverizing people that mess with the bull so much too.
what to do.....

@_@

nekrataali

10-24-2010

My vote goes for improving flash (lolwut?), as well as the other summoner spells.

This may sound crazy at first, but hear me out.

As it is right now, I think the main problem with flash is that the range is too short.

What does this mean? With such a short range, it makes for "meh" initiation value. The enemy can see you before you flash in. The range is just enough that it can be used to escape. Put these two factors together, and players have less incentive for using flash to start a gank, and more incentive to use it to escape.

I would like to see a flash that's stronger for initiation, but weaker for escapes. I think implementing (as others have said already) blink dagger as a replacement for flash would be the correct way to go. Increasing the range a bit on flash, then adding a 3 second cooldown upon taking damage, would mean that flash gets used for initiation, and not juking/get out of fail free.

I think part of the problem with flash is that it is also one of the best summoner spells when compared to heal, fortify, rally, and revive. While the metagame shifts between ignite, ghost, flash, with occasional use of teleport and clarity, heal, fortify, rally, and revive are all seriously lacking. That's why I like the idea of improving heal, and possibly the other summoning spells.