What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

10-24-2010

Seriously, unless you guys plan to COMPLETELY redo half the ranged damage dealers in the game, and a couple tanks while you're at it, just leave Flash alone. Getting rid of flash is going to cause more issues with champs that don't have a so called "get out of fail free" card than it is going to effect those that really don't deserve it and use it just to cheese the enemy team. People complain about the trouble it's going to cause Ashe, and Ashe isn't even the worst of it. She's got slows, a long range stun with a huge hitbox, albiet slow moving, an anti gank power and a huge auto attack range. Characters like Ryze and Twisted Fate who have woefully abysmal effective range are the ones that will really suffer, I'm really not looking forward to having to sit team fights out just because there is an enemy Akali who got fed a little early and she refuses to do anything but target me.

Also, "get out of fail free" is a fallacy in the first place, a well timed escape is a skill, being able to make high risk ventures and get out with a sliver of your health is part of the game whether you like it or not. When an enemy squishy tower dives you and then flashes away from the tower to take little to no damage, that's because YOU screwed up and stood around your tower with no health, and he planned to take advantage of that. When your entire team chases an enemy though the forest and they blink through a wall leaving your entire team over dedicated to a lost cause, that was YOUR failed gank.

Laoking

10-24-2010

Keep flash, i don't even use it but it makes the game more interesting

Do you know how many more kills i can get without someone flashing away?

You're lowering the skill-cap of this game, pathetic

Ksielvin

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Slightly updated approach we were discussing:

- Remove flash
- Add blink dagger item that is ~1250 cost of proc, 120 sec cd? This will pop projectiles and can be used at any time. Stand-alone item listed under movement on shop.
- New cleanse – clears debuffs, and for 3 seconds after, immune to slows & roots, while stuns are turned into slows of the same duration at 35% slow. These stuns still interrupt spells though. No longer reduces CC durations -- except where immune.
- Add Summoner Dash – +35% speed + immune to slowing effects for 3 sec.
No way for me to be happy with any major Flash changes suggested so far.

I get it that Flash will be gone for countering lane ganks. That's fine. But I want Annie's offensive Flash play to stay intact and it'll be a huge chunk of gold that early, then fills an inventory slot later (hate it!). Same for a few other mid-game champions. On carries I won't mind so much buying it late if I want to flash in middle of team fights but losing the slot will hurt.

Any dash will not do for offensive play because you need instant Flash to catch Ezreal before blink, Morgana before Black Shield etc. Same for other stuns, Garen silence etc. Really clutch to get them on the target half a second earlier than they'd expect from looking at your movement speed. Incidentally a non-combat timer on Flash would kill this during late team fights as well so that idea doesn't help.

I strongly dislike how some champions are moving through walls every few seconds and others will have harder access to following them even occasionally. Despite playing a lot of Shen myself. If the summoner spells is an ability-like dash instead of brief speed boost maybe it'll fill this role. But someone might escape with it, oh noes.

If you could somehow keep all the other utility aspects of Flash and remove the laning escape part that appears to be so very bad... (I don't mind it.) Gold and possible loss of inventory slot (since the current idea isn't attached to boots) really smarts and disrupts builds heavily for those that need Flash early.

Didn't mention the projectile removal but I hope it's obviously more desireable than just reactive Cleansing. Older champions tend to have slower projectiles though, sometimes irks me.

Imaginary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

just get rid of flash popping spells and think we would be ok
on a side note that dash looks like it would be far better "getoutoffail" card

ZliNindza

10-24-2010

1) Replace it with an item like DotA blink dagger, except with LoL flash functionality. Would be ~ 90 second cooldown, pretty expensive, not with many or any stats, etc.

ohgreatone32

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

If people insist on having flash make it so that if you flash over a wall and don't clear it, you die. That would probably fix a lot of the peoples issues with the spell.

Levj

10-24-2010

Nothing needs to be done with flash. I don't buy the argument that it decreases skill for the game. Any skill shot based move takes skill not reduces it. Secondly you will be really f'ing a lot of characters that need the spell to make up for their own poor initiation abilities which is a failure on riots part. So in short, flash is being used in many cases to make up where riots balancing has fallen short.

The only change should be where flash doesn't break projectiles.

Hegna

10-24-2010

Personally, I think keeping it is fine, I've never seen it as game breakingly OP.

However, I see splitting it into two summoner spells also work as a solution.
Why not make one spell which solely pops projectiles, but doesn't move you at all and another which blinks you a short distance without popping projectiles.

I'm not sure how viable that actually is, but it's a different solution.
Personally I think a blink dagger kind of item will just stall out the game, Summoner Dash will make Ghost near useless. The new cleanse seems like a decent idea to me too though.

JohnnyW

10-24-2010

Make flash not pop projectiles and decrease the CD slightly.

Make rally useful too.

shal128

10-24-2010

I like all of the changes!

I'm ok with people destroying my ultimate if they bought Quicksilver Sash. I'm not ok with them popping it with a summoner spell. Same would be true with the blink dagger. But I'll rather get them as boots, that way you have to chose CC reduction or Blink.

Dash is a necessity for many champions (like fiddle) that don't really care if it's useful or not to scape.