League of Legends hacked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanity Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

Apparently news has been spread that a rather popular hacker group has hacked League of Legends. Questions to the devs would obviously be: Has Riot been affected by this? Is it true? Is this a result of the past fews days of the server going wonky? And lastly, has League of Legend players have had their information taken by Lulzsec?

OmgLucky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

LulzSec didnt hack Riot.
They DDoS'ed the server. (Denial of service, aka knocking them offline or giving them severe server strain)
There is no personal information on League of Legends players unless you are referencing credit card information when buying Riot points which isnt stored with your account but on a seperate server monitored by a seperate company with different protections implemented.
The fact is as you could have easily read if you just googled, LulzSec doesnt hack to take anything but to raise awareness. Raise your awareness by doing the research about the group. They hacked and took private data from Senate.gov, an actual government website. They got into the company that does the FBI's cyber security and single handedly shamed the owner with chat logs and voice messages of him not living up to his publicized white hat nature.
Who cares about a little childs game? The idea was to get a laugh out of it and enrage a few people. LulzSec isnt going to get any real attention from something as small as this especially when in the past they have already done Sony, Nintendo, Senate.gov, ABC and other major cyber security companies.

tl;dr
Please do your research.

jezmabez

06-15-2011

I disagree that Lulzec simply hacks to raise awareness, that would be far too simple an explanation. The use of a ddos attack isn't a technique used for awareness of security holes, it's a method of aggravation. Since they attacked companies for no reason other then (minecraft, LoL, EVE) at the behest of random callers I wouldn't say that it's just a funny joke.

To say that they do it for awareness is far too watered down. They do it because they can, and they make sure everyone knows it. If you've read their twitter, you can read it for yourself. If they did it to raise awareness then that was what they felt like saying to justify their actions to the netizens.

If you wish to research, do it thoroughly

AllanonMerlin

06-15-2011

Eh what that group hacked isn't impressive. I'll give them props if they manage to hack into F.B.I. or C.I.A. secured servers. You'd be surprised about what sort of data those servers hold . They're gold mines of dirty secrets.

Beatus

06-15-2011

DDOS =/= Hack.

Glo3BeaR

06-15-2011

Are you ******ed? You don't DDos to "raise awareness".
Though it's a nice excuse except when you post "FTLULZ" after everything.
Try actually reading what they come out with.

Hellverse

06-15-2011

lulzsec didnt do it to do it for awareness read their twitter it tells you everything. they do it bc they wanna. also wiki them there is info all about them on what they hacked and other stuff they have hacked... ddos isnt for awareness its to show that its just the start. read up before you do your posts people.

Rezzel42

06-30-2011

lulzsec hacks grrrrr :-8

XxHoney NutxX

07-04-2011

XD you do relieze that they did hack C.I.A. And F.B.I right? and that they are done. They had 50 days of lulz and then they broke up,

ch1b0g

07-04-2011

im pretty freaked out that riot is getting hacked!!! i dont even know what will happen. i just dont know if it will be able for the hackers to get deeper into the database of riot to all of the money being used for rp. it just freaks me out. i dont feel safe.