Chogath and late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

s8ds

06-15-2011

I used to play cho'gath all the time before the feast nerf and vorpal buff. I started playing cho'gath again recently and I noticed I have this problem with late game. I start with doran's ring and usually end up doing exceptionally well early game, laning forever and getting on killing sprees. Then I go back, get Rod Of Ages and merc treads.

It seems after teemfights start happening I get snowballed to death because I can't get feast stacks back after dying. I end up dying in every teamfight basically. My scores end up looking bad by the time I lose.( I usually end up losing despite dominating early game.) I just build the recommended items, and if I feel like it, get deathcap in there somewhere.

What do I do? Does anyone else have this problem? I know Cho'gath is a fairly strong champ.

I request wisdom and guidance. And maybe a good build.

EyceAether

06-15-2011

MFing Chogath.

Silent Hero

SoBrisk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

Isnt Cho a tank?

Jonnynutron

06-15-2011

dont be arrgessive when u dont have your stacks?

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

i feel the recommended items are actually pretty good.
i dont know what else to say besides... dont die!
you are tanky and should be in the front, but try to get out if things look bad.

if you do lose stacks (unavoidable at times) try to get your team to play a little more safely and passively for the next 3 or so minutes while you feast on some creeps to get your stacks back.

if you have full stacks, dont bother using feast to last hit. its such a strong nuke and its a huge waste if you just use it on someone with 100 hp. i dont think its actually a bad idea to actually open with feast on the carry to scare them out of the teamfight.

EyceAether

SoBrisk

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika7 View Post
i feel the recommended items are actually pretty good.
i dont know what else to say besides... dont die!
you are tanky and should be in the front, but try to get out if things look bad.

if you do lose stacks (unavoidable at times) try to get your team to play a little more safely and passively for the next 3 or so minutes while you feast on some creeps to get your stacks back.

if you have full stacks, dont bother using feast to last hit. its such a strong nuke and its a huge waste if you just use it on someone with 100 hp. i dont think its actually a bad idea to actually open with feast on the carry to scare them out of the teamfight.
oh, so you dont just draw, you acctually play
would never have guessed :P

mogonk

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8ds View Post
I just build the recommended items, and if I feel like it, get deathcap in there somewhere.
I suspect that's your problem. RoA is the only AP items you should be getting on Cho. That guide from solomid is pretty **** good. (It should be, it's by Westrice)

The Leaguecraft one is bad though. Really bad. Rush Warmogs? Lol.

Draydan

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8ds View Post
I used to play cho'gath all the time before the feast nerf and vorpal buff. I started playing cho'gath again recently and I noticed I have this problem with late game. I start with doran's ring and usually end up doing exceptionally well early game, laning forever and getting on killing sprees. Then I go back, get Rod Of Ages and merc treads.

It seems after teemfights start happening I get snowballed to death because I can't get feast stacks back after dying. I end up dying in every teamfight basically. My scores end up looking bad by the time I lose.( I usually end up losing despite dominating early game.) I just build the recommended items, and if I feel like it, get deathcap in there somewhere.

What do I do? Does anyone else have this problem? I know Cho'gath is a fairly strong champ.

I request wisdom and guidance. And maybe a good build.
If you want tough caster, dont buy more HP on Cho. Buy Armor and Mres, bc u already have HP from Ulti.
That makes Abyssal and Zhonya better choices than Rylai and RoA