Twisted fate...what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Yeah, I go pretty much full AS on him.

peyo

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullDragon View Post
Make ABSOLUTE SURE to get Sword of the Divine if you're up against a jax or someone with blind, or if they have lots of exhaust.

Ignoring all miss chance for 5 seconds = awesome for PaC and just in general. Plus if you get it when your stack deck proc is at 0, you do +100 damage every four attacks.
doesn't it say that "your attacks can not be dodged" at SotD?
does it work for exhaust/blind?

Foolio666

04-01-2010

Clothe Armor + 1hp pot
Maldreds Razor
Zerkers
Sword of Divine
Black Cleaver
Last Whisper
Maldreds Blood Razor

If I'm taking a lot of damage I usually stuff a Warmogs in there.

Skills: PaC first, then max out Stacked Deck, then PaC, and lastly Wild Cards. Take Destiny when its up obviously.

YellowSnowsicle

04-01-2010

People need to stop taking both black cleaver and last whisper

Shinkuhadoken

04-01-2010

i play tf. i play him very well but i base every decision on hw the game is going at the time, how long i am able to stay in lane and who i am fighting against "physical dps vs magic dmg" basically the SotD is VITAL for TF... not to mention if you are fighting anyone with any bit of dodge the ability is amazing. IE: JAX and really i noticed a ton of people that prefer their yellow slot runes to be dodge.

generally i will BUY beserker greaves first depending on my cash, or if i feel i can get by without them for a bit and have alot of cash i'll get the basic boots to start and a recurve bow instead. then go greaves and finish the sword of the divine. from there i get more attack speed with either another recurve and go into item of choice or i start building phantom dancer. sometimes i'll get just the basic life steal item next then move further. first big big item i always get though is madreds if there is any tanks.... i assure you if you have beserker greaves, sword of the divine and madreds and just the basic life steal you will be in GREAT shape. honestly madreds is one of the best items when you have as much attack speed as you should with Tf.
one tip is to buy SOTD while you have no stacked deck -0 stacked deck- procs... so they start and end on the same hit. lines up better burst dmg.

to give some insight on things that HAVENT worked for me when ive played TF and i think you should ditch...
dont buy nashors tooth, trinity, or lichbane.
you are squishy, play like you are... in the beginning of the game i always take the mid lane personally but this applies to outside lanes as well. (mid you get the most money/exp so obviously items faster)
last hit creeps with red cards and blue cards. i personally keep an eye on my mana and use the blue card when i need a lil instead of getting a meki pendant but for a beginning tf the meki would be useful.

harassing enemys in beginning is best done by using the red card to hit the creep on the edge of a creep line. i mean by this that you see where the enemy is and hit the closest creep in his area. (works wonders) because at first they do not see it coming. after a card or 2 they smarten up and back off when u cycle your PaC.

leveling skills i 99% of the time level PaC 1st(gold cards you have to master getting these asap, none of this 3rd and 4th cycle through ****) then stacked deck, stacked deck again, pac, ulti as soon as it comes up but stacked deck is priority until u cant then go back to PAC.

TF is not an easy guy to play, the subtlties in his style make him a skillful champion, hes not exactly a cut and past click click click rollfaceonkeys and win char like YI or or ryze or something.

timing is important. in team fights its good to know when you should use the red card over the yellow card. although normally the yellow is always going to be your starting choice.

your ulti is your best friend, also your teams best friend. dont be afraid to use it if you just need to know where everyone is. in higher elo games you wont exactly be able to gank with it all the time, so putting it to use as much as you can is great.

i know this is a long buncha paragraphs and not as organized as guides, but hope it helps.

ps READ a few guides

Kendouy

04-01-2010

Anyone going with a hybrid build like trinityforce, guinsoo, SOTD and some more attack speed items? I imagine it must be a bit better burst?

Kaedan

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
People need to stop taking both black cleaver and last whisper
Just curious... why?

Pandadan

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
Just curious... why?
As I understand it, armor reduction is applied first. If armor reduction > armor, armor goes negative. Then armor penetration is applied. If armor penetration > armor, armor = 0. Then % armor reduction is applied. The more armor reduction and armor penetration you have, the less armor you actually reduce with percentile reduction. They're desynergistic. I'm not 100% sure that's a word.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kendouy

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandadan View Post
As I understand it, armor reduction is applied first. If armor reduction > armor, armor goes negative. Then armor penetration is applied. If armor penetration > armor, armor = 0. Then % armor reduction is applied. The more armor reduction and armor penetration you have, the less armor you actually reduce with percentile reduction. They're desynergistic. I'm not 100% sure that's a word.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Far as I know, you are 100% right.

Charmicarmicarmicat

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullDragon View Post
Make ABSOLUTE SURE to get Sword of the Divine if you're up against a jax or someone with blind, or if they have lots of exhaust.

Ignoring all miss chance for 5 seconds = awesome for PaC and just in general. Plus if you get it when your stack deck proc is at 0, you do +100 damage every four attacks.
That would have been great advice if it wasn't for the fact that that it doesn't work.