Twisted fate...what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demiorkan

03-31-2010

So I just got twisted fate, after hearing he was an epic character overall.For some reason things aren't going well, I feel I don't deal enough damage and I'm way too squishy.

This is what I'm leveling(in priorities):

Destiny
PaC
Stacked deck
Wild cards

Items:

I've been trying:

Berserker's boots
Nashors Tooth
Sword of The Divine

The rest goes for Trinity/Lichbane

and the other builds are the recommended items.

any tips? :\

Slide

03-31-2010

Try:

Destiny
Stacked Deck
PAC
WC

for priority with 1 level of PAC at level 1.

Switch your build to a pure DPS build. A single unupgraded meki pendant is all the mana regen that this type of TF needs (in addition to some mastery and rune regen of course) and you can spend the rest of your gold on attack speed and damage items.

That all being said, Im not a huge TF player and if someone comes in here giving a better idea and says im crazy fior this, they may be right. So take what I said with a pinch of salt. Of course if things arent going well for you, trying this out wont leave you off any worse then whats happening now!

Zohariel

03-31-2010

What Quickslide said. You want attack speed and damage in that order - attack speed specially since the faster you attack, the more times you'll proc Stacked Deck. Sword of the Divine is great in this respect since it upgrades both your atk speed AND your dps. Otherwise you want a minimal focus on AP. If your damage item has AP on it, that's all well and good, but it's not where your damage is coming from and you shouldn't itemise for it.

Greensamo

03-31-2010

Guinsoo's is also a very, very good item for TF. I usually rush it before upgrading my boots. SotD is also great due to the 4th attack proc adding to your SD's 3rd. I usually wait til I have around 1.8-2 attacks per second to grab my damage, by then you're hitting stacked deck and sotd enough that your damage is just going to be icing on the cake.

Card's should always be used with a stacked deck proc.
Keep an eye out for empty lanes, more gold/exp you have, the more you're going to hurt.
If game goes to late, you can probably solo turrets. If you can, you can win the game for your team.
If your team dies, and they all disappear.. go steal their baron!

Kendouy

03-31-2010

So, how do you guys that play him actually build him? I've checked some of the new guides, and finding most of them a bit so so. Especially the runes part. Anyone going full attackspeed page with TF?

Victarion

03-31-2010

Rush Bloodrazor first starting with a recurve bow, and from there either divine or last whisper (or starks if you need it) and it's usually gg.

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

I have a guide up, but basically I max AS and use damage procs. You want a Madred's on him, it's his best item bar none. I go treads, sotd, madred's, and then whatever is needed. Don't try to compete with other carries by stacking damage, play to your AS and procing strength. Guinsoo's isn't a bad item, but the AP isn't that helpful and there's better items for him.

Cowardly Lion

03-31-2010

With TF, it's not really the build, it's how he's played. (Ok, you can get stupid items...)

TF's job is to own the map and chase down people who are limping away.

Have your allies ping when a character is down and go after him. Your cards can outrange a tower so if he's hugging a tower with minimal health you can get him.

If there's a team fight, pull a red card and destiny behind the fight - in a bush is best, but you can be bold and go right behind the fight in the lane. Just the visual of the cards coming out will change the fight completely. Then you pop out, red card and finish up the squishies that were hiding behind their tanks.

The most effective TFs I've seen lately have focused on attack speed. It's unnerving to be hit 2+ times a second even if the damage isn't so large.

Kendouy

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Troll View Post
I have a guide up, but basically I max AS and use damage procs. You want a Madred's on him, it's his best item bar none. I go treads, sotd, madred's, and then whatever is needed. Don't try to compete with other carries by stacking damage, play to your AS and procing strength. Guinsoo's isn't a bad item, but the AP isn't that helpful and there's better items for him.
And runes for him? Going for AS there too?

NullDragon

03-31-2010

Make ABSOLUTE SURE to get Sword of the Divine if you're up against a jax or someone with blind, or if they have lots of exhaust.

Ignoring all miss chance for 5 seconds = awesome for PaC and just in general. Plus if you get it when your stack deck proc is at 0, you do +100 damage every four attacks.