no cursor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randymon

03-31-2010

I've read back a couple of pages in the forum and haven't been able to find anything on my specific problem.

I've tried to run LoL, the chat and client works fine but when I try to enter the actual game I have no cursor. I've talked to some people in the chat and they're not sure what the problem is either.

I'm running windows 7, I ran as administrator, reinstalled the program multiple times and made sure that the cursor files were in my computer, which they were.....

I'm not very good with the technical side of computers... please help...

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-31-2010

Make sure you have all of the latest mouse and video drivers installed on your machine, as well as the latest Windows updates. If possible, can you use a different mouse to determine if the issue is specific to a certain mouse, or if the problem is more likely in your OS or the LoL software.

Updating video drivers

Randymon

04-02-2010

all drivers are up to date and used both a mouse and the touch-pad as I run through a laptop.

I can run other games which require similar specs as this one and get perfectly funtional cursors....

Randymon

04-03-2010

ok I found out why it was doing it.

I had cursor trails enabled which made the mouse dissapear for some random reason...

Another Nihilist

03-13-2013

The above and below are general suggestions that may work in some cases. Usually if you are having a cursor problem it is going to be related to your drivers. Ensure your mouse drivers are up to date as well as your operating system.

Some things that may fix your cursor are turning mouse shadow off in control panel as well as ensuring 'allow themes to change mouse' to off and mouse trails to off. You will also want to ensure that hide mouse while typing is disabled in case that is the problem, albeit this is less likely. Sometimes it is actually better to leave mouse trails ON on the lowest setting and play in windowed mode. I find if the problem persists out of LoL then running in windowed or border less mode will correct the issue as long as you have trails ON, rather than off... unfortunately the first troubleshooting step most people take is to turn trails it off and then they never bother to turn it back on after that 'workaround' doesn't work.

Overall none of these workarounds are actual fixes. They just force the cursor to render in a way that we accept because it is visible. Cursor still remains corrupted until a reboot, which is more of a generalized issue than an issue with LoL. A better graphics card will usually stop this from happening period.

I have posted this in at least one other thread, which I apologize for, but it would be better if the information is available across relevant posts. (sorz xD)

Good luck out there.

Oh! Many people also recommend moving your cursor back and forth across an object in game, such as a capture point [relevant since this happens SOOO much more frequently in Dom] you can also attempt the same thing on your desktop, try across the bottom.

I would also like to mention that I've noticed that if you hover over the mini-map in Dominion sometimes it shows as the LoL cursor and sometimes... sometimes it shows as the window cursor :O This seems indicative of a problem, look into that mini map image guys! Something might be very slightly off that is causing this... brackets?

<3

SlickProfanity

08-14-2013

where can you find the cursor trail??? I have the same problem! HELP

SlickProfanity

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymon View Post

I had cursor trails enabled which made the mouse dissapear for some random reason...
Where can I find this cursor trail enable?

DeavourInstinct

03-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymon View Post

Hey do you no where i can find curser trails on the menu please help

DeavourInstinct

03-02-2014

hey, i play on a laptop but use a detachable mouse how do i get to see it? and if i were to change it in control panel how do i find where it is? also if im playing league under which settings do i go to?

DeavourInstinct

03-02-2014

Go to control panel and on the top right corner there should be a search bar. 2ND search for mouse and then click the results.3RD there should be something called pointer options click it after you click it go to visibility and disable pointer trails and it should work. 4TH if it doesn't go play a custom match of league and go to GAME. 5TH on setting and there should be two bars put the 1st one to 30 and the second one to 35 or lower and it should work!