Morgana thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zYn

09-03-2009

So I've been playing beta for quite some time, and have had a hard time really coming to the conclusion of which champion I would invest most of my time making my main.

After a much needed discussion with myself (not really) I started to determine that Morgana was for me. She fits my playstyle...great support hero, good damage, good ganking ability and an all around fun champion to play

WITH THAT BEING SAID

I would like those who have a proficient use of Morgana to feel free to post about their experiences with this heroes...and what tends to be the best way to build her.

Do you find it more useful to build her purely as a support hero? or is a Solid AP build the best way to make good use of her.

Obviously there is more than 1 way to play this hero as far as items go and skill build go, but I want to hear what you think works the best overall.

Thanks for any future input - I'm trying to compile all the information on her that I can and put together some builds that will help me maximize the true strength of Morgana

SmecssRaege

09-03-2009

In my personal experience...

with morgana, i build my item as my team needs, not as i need.

IE:

you're on a team with 3 tanks (whom usually have good disables) and maybe 1 other dps

then you're team lacks DPS....so you should focus more into building an AP item build that game to help put the damage out there with soil/ulti and use dark binding for a nice nuke

or, you're on a team with maybe 0-1 disabler, and that can easily spell trouble for any team....so you build to reach -40% cooldown to get as much dark binding snares out there as you can to help you're team out, and maybe start building some AP items along with it but prioritizing some HP/armor and -cooldown (ie....depending on your mastery/runes... personally i have 16% cooldown redux from runes, 3% from offense mastery... so i get a glacial shroud, and thats 39% redux.... or WHEN im specced utility i have 16%+9% = 25... get a soul shroud for +HP/cooldown of 40%)

that's basically the 2 ways i build morgana

AP build:
Mekai's > chalice of harmony (amazing for Mana regen/magic resist)
Boots
Mejai's Soulsteal
Rod of Ages
Upgrade boots to sorcerer's or swiftness
Zhonya's Ring
(last item can be anything, more AP, guardian angel for armor/MR...abyssal for AP/MR...whatever you want, the game rarely goes this long anyways)
(rarely will a game reach out this long)

Support build:
Mekai's > chalice of harmony
Boots
Mejai's soulsteal
Soul shroud *or* Glacial shroud>Frozen heart (or both if you have 0% cooldown from runes/mastery)
Rod of Ages
and from there on...zhonyas/abyssal/survivability ... whatever the game dictates you need more.

those are just my personal playstyles though, to each their own.

For summoner abilities i commonly use ghost/teleport

zYn

09-03-2009

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Well laid out, thorough with good explanations.

if you don't mind me asking...why ghost over flash?...I find flash to be one of the best summoner skills out there, is there any particular reason you go ghost? I mean I understand that it works well with her spell shield and ult, being able to follow or escape when needed.

zYn

09-03-2009

ALSO, what are your thoughts on Tear ->arcangel?

Considering how much you're casting I figured you could benefit from the higher mana gain -> which in turn gives you a higher amount of AP thanks to the passive bonus of arcangel...

thoughts?

Merovinge

09-04-2009

I almost always go Flash/Teleport for any champion, but Morgana is definitely one to consider ghost. Her spell shield allows it to be essentially as good, if not better than flash for escape, as the distance gained by ghost exceeds flash in the first few seconds (assuming it has the mastery bonus). The significantly shorter cooldown allows you to use it for more offensive reasons (like using your ultimate), in addition to having it up to escape ganks with shield. I don't think you can go wrong with flash, but try ghost out and see which you prefer.