Feedback for tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postypost

06-14-2011

I have been using the tribunal for a while now and it seems pretty good, but there is still room for improvements.

Most cases are a no brainer, someone who has been reported for 10+ games in a week where he fed/said racist remarks/ragequit is pretty ease to punish.
But a guy who has disconnected in one game and joins a 2nd game where he laggs out or disconnects and decides that his internet is not stable enough to try again, does he deserve a punished?. Because technically he has "AFK/left" 2 games in a row.

So some of the improvements that the tribunal should have is:
Bold text for the TL: DR version , reasoning in normal text.

1. Show "console messages" ( Player xxxxxx has disconnected") and so on. Makes it a lot easier to get a grasp of what happens. I would like to see everything including kills and so on.

2. Show a "ingame" timeline for the chat log
. Same reasoning as above, makes it easier to understand what really happens.

3. Add a comment to the judgement. I know this will generate a lot of text that none will probably ever read but in some cases a explanation might help to give the correct punishment.

4. Add a level to the punishment
, like on a scale of 3 what kind of punishment he deserves because some players really needs to be IP banned from day 1 think most of us have seen these cases.

5. A way to acquit a player from certain games. If someone has been reported for 6 games but "only" deserved to be reported for 1 or 2 games he should not receive the same punishment as the guy who made racial slurs for 11 games in a row

6. Display gametype, show kind of game it was Ranked/Co-op/normal and so on. If you have a bad net and you try to do 5 ranked games in a row and constantly dc from all of them, yeah you deserve a punish

7. Post and pre match chatlog. Dont know if its really like this but i dont think the chatlog from champion select or from the match results is in the chatlog displayed.

Other then that its great thx for a great game

HatLlama

06-14-2011

Game modes and console messages....very good idea. I'm finding the infomation it's giving us to be very lacking right now...also

8. Show Summoner Level. I don't want to punish some lv5 guy for feeding just because he's new to the game. However a lv30 going 0/10/0 is probably going to be a different story.

Fatty Al

06-14-2011

Couldn't agree more with what has been said. I have added some stuff here from my original list here.

Some are same as above, but with a little more description:

Quote:
1. Game Type: Ranked/Normal/Co-op/Custom. We need to know what type of game it is. We will be harsher on ranked games being that you are expected to do sorta well, and not troll. Don't join a ranked game if you need to leave. People care about ELO and it can be shown in the Tribunal. Regular games can be a little more lenient. Co-op would be useful just to know in case something arises like that (these will most likely be rare). There are a lot of reports I have seen for what I think are custom games, but I can't be sure. For example, I think for one I was reviewing an ARAM game, and one person was reported for farming side lanes. I would like to make sure this one is custom before I punish.

2. All Players Scores: It would be so helpful to see the other players scores (with their champion pick and items). In many cases, people are reported for verbal abuse, but everyone has games where you get a feeder and nobody is happy. If someone gets reported for calling someone a feeder (and taking that path to worse things), then I would like to see if that person was indeed feeding. If they are feeding, then I will be more lenient. A good way to implement this would be to not include the player names, but replace them with the champion selection at every place. It is surprising that Riot let the player names (other than the one on trial) to be shown. I think it would be tons more useful to have the champion names instead of the summoner names.

3. Scores over time: What do you do when you get an AFK report, but the person is chatting away. Do you really know they are sitting in their base AFK because one or two people say so? You can't be sure of that. Would it be possible to get a graph of kills, deaths, assists, creeps killed, damage done? It would essentially be a curve with different colors (one color for each stat). This way we could tell if someone was indeed AFK or if people were just saying it. This could be implemented into need 2, being that it would be best if we could get charts like this for every player (maybe in a pulldown menu or something).

4. Leaves, Kills, and Tower Kills in Chat Log: This is going off of number 3, but within context. It would be extremely helpful to have these in chat, to get an idea of what is going on. Based off what has been said before it could include "Teemo (in green for ally) has slain Malphite (in red for enemy)" or something to that extent. At the moment it is extremely hard to piece together games if the chat isn't that great. We almost need verbal abuse now to pick up what is going on in game...

5. Premade Status: Who was premade, who was solo. This one is less important, but can play a large part. I have too many times (both in Tribunal and in game) seen a premade of 3 or 4 report their pub-nub for feeding if they do bad. There is nothing we can really do at the moment in the Tribunal now, being that we just see 4 reports for feeding and that they did bad. This would look like feeding even if they didn't try to feed, but just had a bad game.
This is all I have thought of at the moment, but I really hope Riot sees this and can implement some of it. I truly believe it is in the communities best interest to get this information when reviewing cases.

Great work so far Riot

Fatty Al

06-14-2011

Dropped a few spots on the list, hoping this gets at least glanced at by Riot and maybe even a comment or two on it.

Azaliza

06-14-2011

I feel all of the above suggestions are very valid. A few would make a massive difference in being able to judge appropriately.

Biggest for me would be an event log (console messages / kill messages) and all players scores so that things can be properly put into perspective.

Fatty Al

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaliza View Post
I feel all of the above suggestions are very valid. A few would make a massive difference in being able to judge appropriately.

Biggest for me would be an event log (console messages / kill messages) and all players scores so that things can be properly put into perspective.
I do agree. This would help a ton. I don't think it would be too hard to implement either. Let's hope that Riot sees this, so pass it on

SuperSpacePope

06-14-2011

I love all the constructive ideas! I am doin' my part to try and bump this so it gets more recognition!

GodEmperorLetoII

06-14-2011

know what'd be really nice? replays :P

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Everything OP said, do it.

+1

Babylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-14-2011

Higher reward.

The amount of time spent doing the Tribunal is not worth it when you could get the same amount of IP much faster just playing Coopai. I understand that people should be doing it to better the community, but honestly, nobody is going to want to do it for a long period of time without a good reward. If you keep on shortchanging the people who care, they're going to stop caring. You will scare them away, and bring in fresh meat. They will then get bored, leave, and then more fresh meat. And the only reason the fresh meat is coming in, is because they have a power complex, or are angry, and want to punish people for whatever reason.

Possible solutions?

Ranking. Based on Accuracy and Quantity, with one giving lee-way to the other.
Basically, if you have a 10% Correct:Wrong judgement ratio, then you'll be in Bracket 1, and get 10 IP per correct.
Bracket 2 - 20 IP - 15% C:W
Bracket 3 - 40 IP - 20% C:W
Bracket 4 - 60 IP - 30% C:W - Minimum of 100 Judgments.
Bracket 5 - 100 IP Correct | 10 IP Wrong - 70% C:W - Minimum of 200 Judgments - 140 of those have to be correct.

Once you reach a bracket, you can't be knocked down, especially the highest bracket. Clearly, you're doing something right if you're getting more than half of them correct. Right?

Or
Successive Reward. Snowball effect- with some safeguards from a "JUST CLICK PUNISH" mindset.
Basically, the more that you get right, in a row, the more IP you will get from each one thereafter. It's not like someone will randomly get every single one right, and if they do, then they have to be at least reading one or two games of the many the person was reported for, right?

First: 10
Second: 15 (+5)
Third: 25 (+10)
Fourth: 40 (+15)
Fifth: 60 (+20)
Sixth: 85 (+25)
Seventh: 115 (+30)
Eighth: 150 (+35)
Ninth: 200 (+50), and each correct thereafter will be 200.

Yes, 200 IP for a correct is a lot. But at that point, the Tribunal member is either extremely lucky, or they can skip law school.

Just my two cents.